I need some help installing LED tail lights... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I've looked everywhere in North America for these lights. Seems to be in Australia and New Zealand only. Goes without saying, i'm in on a group buy if anyone else is interested!!!!

I'm in too, someone needs to start a new thread and gauge interest. Once we have that we can ask one of our Australian brothers to help us with shipping.

I would do it but I'm self admittedly lazy ;)

...via IH8MUD app

Watching this for a while now. I'm in too, I'm just a bit down from you guys! If you are willing to ship i would be highly appreciated.

I'm looking into another group buy. Will let you all know

Dan

Reactions: SMG
Maybe @Racer65 can get an equivalent.

OK,

For those that have been waiting/watching, I've found another place that can provide the lights at a reasonable price. Unfortunately, Narva have gone through a few price rises in the recent years.

The best price I can get them for is USD$140 (each) + shipping.

Last edited:
@dancar , is that $140 + shipping each, or for a pair?

Sorry - edited my last post

$140+shipping each

Sorry - edited my last post

$140+shipping each

I'm in Dancar that is 20 bucks cheaper per light then repco quoted me
They were going to charge 75bucks to ship
Were you also able to source the 12 volt 21 watt led load resistor part number 90034BL from narva

Damn. That's steep!

Looks like we can use the dimensions on the Narva site and shop around Alibaba/AliExpress for some equivalent ones.

Narva64210Dims.JPG

Had these shipped to me from Australia and arrived in about 6 days, which I don't think was bad at all. Also I only spent $190 for the pair with shipping included. Link below. Be aware it is just the light, no resistor. But I bought resistors from superbrightleds.com that should work for the turn signal function. I'll post up some pics and any issues when I'm done installing them this weekend.

Narva 9-33 Volt Model 42 LED Rear Stop/Tail, Direction Indicator and Reverse ...

Had these shipped to me from Australia and arrived in about 6 days, which I don't think was bad at all. Also I only spent $190 for the pair with shipping included. Link below. Be aware it is just the light, no resistor. But I bought resistors from superbrightleds.com that should work for the turn signal function. I'll post up some pics and any issues when I'm done installing them this weekend.

Narva 9-33 Volt Model 42 LED Rear Stop/Tail, Direction Indicator and Reverse ...

That's a great price. Far better than I can get at retail pricing.

Dan

Just an update. Got these installed this weekend. They work great and are extremely bright. I failed to install the resistor in line as well, and the turn signals still work just fine? I have a 1975 model FJ40. I don't know if i just don't need it based on the way it was originally built, but they work famously without any inline mods. Very happy with them. Maybe I will need the resistors for the front lights when I convert those, so I will hang onto them.

If you don't use the resistors , the longer the turn signal is in the on position - the faster they will flash , unless it already has an electronic flasher unit installed . Coolerman has the electronic flashers for us , as well as the stub harness to install it correctly .
Sarge

I used bullet connectors on mine. I had to cut the connectors off the five wire leads on the Narvas and put others on and then I stripped the wires on my trucks harness and put in new female bullet connectors. Of course my truck was already missing the stock plugs thanks to the PO (like many other stock things the truck was missing) so I had no qualms about stripping the old wires. You could always order the stock plugs and graft the Narvas into that for a cleaner looking connection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom