I need flat springs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've received a price quote from Alcan springs for no lift springs for my SOA. They said $190 for each set of leafs springs. I know they are quality, but is it worth approx $800?

Or should I just get some stock springs and throw an AAL in them?

Go stock, see if you like it, and if not, get the alcans. Personally for 800, I'd go with the AOR springs myself.

Scott,

I just finished an SOA on my 78 FJ-40 and used stock FJ-55 springs in the rear, and reversed (end for end) stock FJ-40 springs in the front. I gained 7 inched of wheelbase which I dig both on road and off, and more to your issue...the ride and flex is really cush. I would agree with the prior post, go get some stock stuff for $100 or two, run it for awhile and you may decide you never needed those pricey Alcans. Good Luck,

Scott
78 FJ-40 "Rudy"

Same thing as sdgraber. I finished the SOA and am very happy with the lift. Not sure about the ride quality yet.

I have a full set of '77 FJ40 stock springs in good shape. $100 & shipping (from NW Calif.), there yours.

I have a full set of '77 FJ40 stock springs in good shape. $100 & shipping (from NW Calif.), the're yours.

$100 a set is the going rate...I know i've got a couple sets laying around too.

IMO, stick with stockers. I assume this is for an SOA?? Also, check out Wagonner front leaf springs from JC Whitney - cheaper and more readily available alternative...junkyard might be a good source too for those

Thanks guys. Where would I get some 55 springs? I would really like to lengthen my wheelbase.

I may buy those $100 springs, and see how they do. Do the Waggy's lengthen the WB too?

waggies change the wheelbase similar to FJ55's, tho I dn't recall how close.

For now, you could just reverse stock packs and find FJ55's later. I did that in the rear, first it was reversed FJ40 packs, then the 55's...axle stayed in same position, just redid the shackle-side mount.

From memory:
FJ55 eye to pin is ~23" on both halves
FJ40 short (stock orientation) eye to pin is ~20", long eye to pin is ~23"

see my tech writeup for more info, the rear suspension part. The accurate numbers are in there....

I am going to try and use rear FJ6x springs in the back of my 40 because of availability and i may use them in the front to. now to only get the freakin 4runner and cavalier out of the way and i can start the dam SOA.

Stew

woody said:
$100 a set is the going rate...I know i've got a couple sets laying around too.

IMO, stick with stockers. I assume this is for an SOA?? Also, check out Wagonner front leaf springs from JC Whitney - cheaper and more readily available alternative...junkyard might be a good source too for those

Does any body have any specs on the wagonner springs? :popcorn:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom