I need a drink, make that several, :( (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I loaned my 80 to my mom last fall, she needed something more reliable and comfortable to go get chemo treatments every 3 weeks, she just sent me these pictures. I don't think I can even cut it into a truck, passenger side roof and door frame is involved,

Untitled Album | Facebook

16 years and over a quarter million ultra reliable miles, just shy of 10 years and 170K with me, to be murdered while resting in the driveway is a shame.

:eek:
:frown:
:crybaby:
:mad:
:bang:
:confused:
:flush:

:sad:
:sad:

Wowzers. Im sorry

Wow, that's a shame sorry to hear. You should be able to salvage a lot of good parts so it will probably be worth the buy back price if you have the time/inclination to buy it back and part it.

or scrap the body from the firewall back completely and turn into a full on truggy.

That will NOT buff right out!

cheers,
george.

I dropped the collision coverage many years ago, no buy back needed, its all mine as is where is, she says the windshield is OK, maybe cut it at the window belt the whole way around, leave the windshield and put a soft bimini top on it, it would be a nice fair weather vehicle, for the beach and what not.

not that practical for either of us though.

Raven that is absolutely horrible. Words can not describe the horror. I'm so sorry man.

Its a shame such a nice tree got knocked over like that. At least you will be able to salvage some firewood out of it. JK, that sucks just as bad as having your car hit out on the street or having your window smashed out and robbed. Sorry about your ride. On a happier note we are all looking forward to the build thread on your next one :hmm:

Sorry to hear about the 80. Best wishes to your mother and her treatment.

I dropped the collision coverage many years ago, no buy back needed, its all mine as is where is, she says the windshield is OK, maybe cut it at the window belt the whole way around, leave the windshield and put a soft bimini top on it, it would be a nice fair weather vehicle, for the beach and what not.

not that practical for either of us though.

I can't see the pics from work, but it sounds like a tree fell on it? That's awful, I'm very sorry to hear that!

You say you removed collision, but does it still have comprehensive coverage on it? If it was parked at the time, would comp not cover this, same as hail? I'm not fully familiar with auto insurance in Florida, but that's how things work up here in Canada, and most other parts of NA.

Types of Coverage-Liability, Collision and Auto Insurance Comprehensive Coverage

That sucks big time but its better it fell on the LX then on Mom , shes got enough going on .
Many 80s out there , just one mom

24HOURSOFNEVADA said:
Sorry to hear about the 80. Best wishes to your mother and her treatment.

Best wishes to Mom.

As for the car, part it out and get another one.

I can't see the pics from work, but it sounds like a tree fell on it? That's awful, I'm very sorry to hear that!

You say you removed collision, but does it still have comprehensive coverage on it? If it was parked at the time, would comp not cover this, same as hail? I'm not fully familiar with auto insurance in Florida, but that's how things work up here in Canada, and most other parts of NA.

Types of Coverage-Liability, Collision and Auto Insurance Comprehensive Coverage

Yep 75' oak tree direct hit, tree trunk is running from dead center of the lift gate to the front passenger door.

Just called the insurance company, I have liability only so it is not covered, she lives there but I own the land, neither of u have put home owners insurance on it.

I saved about 6K in insurance over the years going with just liability, the cruiser is worth about that so I broke even in that regard, just took the "hit" all at once instead of over time.

That sucks big time but its better it fell on the LX then on Mom , shes got enough going on .
Many 80s out there , just one mom

Absolutely!

I'm with NLXTACY, anything that happens on the property of the home (driveway, garage, yard etc.) should be covered by homeowners. It may be a hassle, but i'd pursue that and hope for something. So sorry to see that man, always a sad day when a great truck dies.

Wow, I am really sorry for those unfortunate events. I couldn't imagine losing the 80. That would be cool to see a rebuilt land cruiser convertible though. much like this bronco!
545649_428386947180615_196053967080582_1540456_1560284901_n.jpg

RavenTai,

That is horrible. Absolutely sux. I have ready many of your posts and nuggets of info over the years and am just totally bummed for you. Now that all being said - can I get your visors:cool::p

My vote goes for a brono style convertable, maybe with a rigid piece in the bikini top to trap the windows so you can run the ac.

LOL, you vultures! the body is still warm!!!

All kidding aside I parted out a wrecked 97lx before and did very well with it, I don't know if that is to be this ones fate yet, but if it is I will certainly let you guys know and 40th you have dibs on the visors. :flipoff2:

Wow, I am really sorry for those unfortunate events. I couldn't imagine losing the 80. That would be cool to see a rebuilt land cruiser convertible though. much like this bronco!

That's a Chevy Blazer not a Bronco.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom