I just joined the 60 Family... Newbie Alert for Vancouver, BC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey gang,

I'm a long-time forum user, first-time posting in this community!
So far I am impressed with the level of detail that hides within this site, I figured this would be the best place to ask for advice as I need it.

So, I just bought an FJ62.
She's rough... some call it rust, I call it patina. lol. but she is great mechanically, except for the sloppy steering which I'm new hoping tie-rods will fix.

I'm mechanically minded - not afraid to tackle medium skill level tasks with the help of google, youtube, and now MUD!

The goal with this truck is to teach myself how to weld, repair panels, paint, and overall maintenance.
She will never be show-worthy and I'm cool with that. Will make for a great weekend, light/medium trail truck.

Look forward to learning from you all.

Cheers,
Lloyd

landy.jpg

Look pretty clean from the one pic :)

There are sub forums for an active cruiser club in the lower mainland (coastal cruisers) and a very active club on the island. In the top menu bar you will see a tab for clubhouses, you'll find them there.

What size tires are you running? The A440F transmission gets stressed by running oversized tires. If everything is stock, I'd suggest looking into adding an auxiliary ATF cooler and consider gearing (diffs, transfercase or manual swap) in the longer term to reduce stress on the tranny and regain a bit of pep.

Welcome to Mud :flipoff2: ( <- "official" Mud greeting)

cool, another young one who's mind we can fawker with :flipoff2: welcome to mud from another canukian
are you really sure you want to go down this rabbit hole?

Look pretty clean from the one pic :)

There are sub forums for an active cruiser club in the lower mainland (coastal cruisers) and a very active club on the island. In the top menu bar you will see a tab for clubhouses, you'll find them there.

What size tires are you running? The A440F transmission gets stressed by running oversized tires. If everything is stock, I'd suggest looking into adding an auxiliary ATF cooler and consider gearing (diffs, transfercase or manual swap) in the longer term to reduce stress on the tranny and regain a bit of pep.

Welcome to Mud :flipoff2: ( <- "official" Mud greeting)
@RockDoc
You should see the other side - she's flakier than a chicken schnitzel.
I think the C channel will need to be replaced as well, the frame is solid from what I can see.
I'm going to start a thread on here to help me get a laundry list going.

Thanks for the suggestion, ill be sure to look up Coastal Cruisers!

The tires are 33" and came on the vehicle so I have no idea how long they've even on there for 🤷‍♂️
The manual swap would be a dream, but ill keep that in mind down the line.

Thanks

welcome to the insanity.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom