I have a 1992 Landcruiser. The front left wheel came off and it sheared off the bottom of the brakes. Can anyone recommend a website to find parts? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
F599948F-6014-41FB-BC73-B4FC98BA90BB.jpeg

Good grief, what an embarrassing situation.

I like partsouq.com myself. Input your VIN and it will give you the correct parts diagram.

Take pictures of the damage to identify all the parts you will need. An impact like that could have damaged more than just a caliper.
MUD vendors
Amayama
Impex
Partsouq
Dealership

My grandson saw that and called to tell me this morning. Hope all is well.
The local dealers in Alabama are not your friends.
Have used the following for years and have been very happy. Partsouq was mentioned and can be an excellent choice also.

Last edited:
Hi, Did you just get new tires and they did not torque the wheels down? Mike

Take pictures of the damage to identify all the parts you will need. An impact like that could have damaged more than just a caliper.
MUD vendors
Amayama
Impex
Partsouq
Dealership

Add Megazip to this list of new genuine Toyota parts sources. Dealerships are probably not a great help as 80's are too old for most to be interested in genuinely supporting.

I have been using this dealer for a little bit now, good prices on parts, good shipping costs and overall customer service is pretty good. Makes it easy to since your in AL. The hurricane will definetly affect service and such right now but later on:

Add Megazip to this list of new genuine Toyota parts sources. Dealerships are probably not a great help as 80's are too old for most to be interested in genuinely supporting.
Hendrick Auto Parts in Apex NC has been supporting my habit for some time. They just ordered a 91/92 battery box cheaper for me cheaper than any place online.

I've had this happen twice on two separate landcruisers.
No warning, and within 50 miles of tire work for once, and a wheel change for the other.
The only warning was the front wheel overtaking me on both occasions.

Both times damage was limited to brake rotor, and dust shield. Both looked like they had been sawn of with a band saw
I drove both home, replaced the rotor and left the dust shield

Since you're not in the US, parts places in the US probably won't be much use. I suggest googling 'Toyota XXXXX-XXXXX' . For example, for a US model 1988 FJ62 fuel tank, google 'toyota 77001-69036'. If you can't find the part number on the old part, look on a site like ToyotaPartsDeal to look it up. They're in the US, but you can probably find the part number there anyway. G'day. (sorry, I just had to say it)

sorry, read the posts wrong. Olathe has ok prices and cheaper shipping than most they are near a toyota distribution center, so they can get parts quicker than some. still, googling the part number often helps find a good price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom