I hate my ’07 LX OEM stereo/climate control system!!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

There’sa car stereo shop in Carson California that installed a single din player in the spot where your cassette player is.

Video here

I haven't looked into converting an 06 in a while, it was my understanding that some parts were NLA a couple years ago. Have they been found again?
The LX plastic has been NLA for a long time. There was a big rush for 2 years or so and then things seemed to have evened out.
I haven't had a problem getting anything. Other than the price doubling more or less in <4 years.

The LX plastic has been NLA for a long time. There was a big rush for 2 years or so and then things seemed to have evened out.
I haven't had a problem getting anything. Other than the price doubling more or less in <4 years.

Oh, I might look into doing it again then. I thought the AC amplifier was the main issue, or something like that. I guess I'll start looking into it again for my 06 LC. Thanks for the info.

Damn... im still trying to get my OE nav buttons and HVAC controls to work again. Trying hard to keep it original...

Damn... im still trying to get my OE nav buttons and HVAC controls to work again. Trying hard to keep it original...
Just got mine working again! Ultimately i found a Nav screen unit that was in known working order, and swapped it in. Pretty much did it.

I rarely have to interact with my screen on my '06. The combo of the vais BT modulator and a tablet brings you into the modern era.

YKJP62qbSpYWWftsnJ0vKSyVoY7SxeRWq_p-psbmttFyCdKeEIxZT0I8FqFhvQyn70EvEPyN8Cr7wVOBewt6GfbpBxjZE49dt5Xhexx-HF4bf-mh_7zCXpuJEkWCr-D_zAeOLggYcsI=s0

Grom Vline keeps the OEM nav screen but adds carplay/android auto. Tesla screens are cheap, and quality control is not good. Fit andf finish on the vent trim is poor, and could never get it to fit right. Woodgrain is off as well. I'd absolutely get the grom if I were to do it all over again. Regret almost every minute of the PX6 decision

Man that’s a lot of reading! And to what end? Stuck here in the suck zone (half way between Sacramento and SF) for the next three years, I wonder if I’ll be able to get this done, and more importantly, if this PX6 unit is worth all the trouble; not so sure. So this is it then? The abosolute best life has to offer us 200 series players?

My wife’s 2015 LX 570 has a similar system as my ‘07. One would have thought that the JPN's, (is it still Fuji Industries who makes LC?LX's?) would have been more diligent and forth coming in advanced systems between ’07 - ’15. Makes me want to go back to a Craco from Western Auto, with Jenson 6x9’s in DIY box’s! I still have some cassettes, OMG!

Fuuuuudge sickle.
sounds like Vacaville 😂

Well f**k it. I can’t find sheee it for a swap worth a swap, that actually works worth a sheee it.
so how do I do the tablet thing? Crap! I’m tech challenged. I just want to drive and push buttons, and pull triggers.
Maybe I’ll just get a Bluetooth speaker and throw it on the dash, use my over priced iPhone 12 Pro, which is another PITA, and just use the phone for an iPod, the speaker to listen to my tunes and just stop texting and calling all together! I mean why do we even call them cell PHONES, it’s not like anybody calls anyone anymore, everybody just texts! I hate texting!
And I hate this damn 470s sound system!
but I do love to drive this machine! What a conflict!

well maybe it hates you too
Oh o know it does. I keep taking it to Toyota for services! It try’s its best to escape, run down the road to the Lexus dealer too!
I really need to try and change my own oil. HEY, maybe that’s what I’ll learn now that I’m retired. I tear apart ARs and hand weapons blind folded, shoot blind folded too! 😁
But, I never got into the grease wrenching end of things. I guess I could do this, though I’d rather go shoot s*** up! 🤣

I have an '06. I kinda like the system:

IMG_E6795.JPG

I wouldn't sully an 06/07 with those cheap Tesla imitation units. Doing that stuff well takes WAY more than those no-name companies are putting into it. Search the forum here and you will find multiple people that went through ALL the trouble of install only to later remove because the thing works so poorly.

Don't put cheap electronics in your car.

The "right" answer is the non-nav swap. It's complicated. It's expensive and it requires a lot of learning/reading/knowledge. Until somebody takes the massive amount of time and effort to sort the kit and instructions and do all the leg work for you by putting into a single kit, you're stuck doing it all yourself.

The easy answer is to buy non-polarized sunglasses and enjoy the existing system. If you want to get more capability, buy a Grom VL2. Super easy install and gets you about 10 years further down the technology line with Apple Car Play and Android Auto.

How often are you screwing with your climate controls? I adjust mine about once per month, and only when my wife is in the car and needs something special. The auto setting works well, IMO. Embrace the auto setting and the climate concerns mostly go away.
Well sheee it! I’m just pulling up your write up. Damn, wish I would have found this before my previous post. Oh well…

ok then, I’ll look up this here called Grom VL2 thing a ma bob. 😳
Sounds like it too is going to be a huge learning curve for me.

All I really want to do is drive slow in the carpool lane, bolt through the Fastrak booth, without paying (of course not get caught) and find a quiet place to sit and fish! 😂 drink beer and scotch, eat burgers and seafood, and get home before me wife does so I can get my big fat 470 inside before she gets her 570 inside the garage!

Well sheee it! I’m just pulling up your write up. Damn, wish I would have found this before my previous post. Oh well…

ok then, I’ll look up this here called Grom VL2 thing a ma bob. 😳
Sounds like it too is going to be a huge learning curve for me.

All I really want to do is drive slow in the carpool lane, bolt through the Fastrak booth, without paying (of course not get caught) and find a quiet place to sit and fish! 😂 drink beer and scotch, eat burgers and seafood, and get home before me wife does so I can get my big fat 470 inside before she gets her 570 inside the garage!
Oh yeah, climate control. Hm, well, I “agree” to use whatever I’m agreeing to use, then hit the climate selection, mainly so I don’t have to be distracted by a mostly POS NAv screen that’s too slow to really tell me where to go, before I get there, or SIRI, in her sarcastic tone has already told me where to go (I’d like to punch her right in the face!), then finally, I select AC on, if it’s not already fired up. It just depends on how hot it is. Ok. I’ll try auto mode, and try to leave it alone.
Now, as for me brand new Costas, blue tint polarized specs…WAT say you! Don’t wear them?! Ah man, but I look so kewl in them!

it doesn’t really matter. Try creeping along I80 heading to Sacramento or San Francisco, any given time, and think you’re going to reach over and figure out what the F**k button to push, pull, slide or flip, all while trying to prevent idiots going 80- 100 plus mph from blowing you into the driver next to you who is going 59-61 mph, in a 70 zone. Just to tweak the sounds in this POS sound system.
I now have six cds in the changer, with old rock, jazz and a few classical, and county; they play over and over and over and over and ov … er……. Again. I’m not sure how behind the times I am on current hits…Michael Bolton, Jim Croce, Prince, Donny and Marie Osmund????? 🤣

That's the expensive unit that plugs into the existing screen right?
Plugs into the existing unit, and does what exactly? Expensive, as in how much expensive?
Are you asking about the Grom VL2 thing, or what?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom