I hate my ’07 LX OEM stereo/climate control system!!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Honestly I love driving my LX, but I HATE the sound system/control unit!!!!! I wear polarized blue tint glasses and I can barely read the display. Even with no sunglasses, this thing is a PITA to use! I’m always fiddling around trying to f@*k with this unit (NO BLUE TOOTH!), and I HATE constantly seeing the damn “I agree statement” pop up everytime I start out. What do I do???????

I can read. I just want to get this done. What are you folks doing to upgrade your systems?

Grazie!

search, for one thing.
And then figure out how long your piece of string is.
2700$ should just about do a last year LX with LC parts. (including side vents)

I just put the Vais Bluetooth box in mine yesterday. It works alright. Syncs good so far and automatically presses the stupid “I Agree”. Still uses the factory Bluetooth for calls. I wanted the BT-45 Toy, but couldn’t find one so I paid a little more for this just to have the Agree go away. The Grom CarPlay setup looks pretty slick but too expensive for a vehicle I barely drive. I just wish I could keep the AC from defaulting to recirculate all the time when I start it.

My nav is broken, so I'm not sure if its a product of that but, if you tap into Info and then Trip (the one with the wheel icon), it'll never show the nav on startup. It'll default to the trip view. I'm assuming you guys aren't using the factory nav.

For the climate controls, yes, I agree - having the controls behind 2 taps of a button does suck. There is a way to delete the nav and replace with the physical controls that @jerryb is alluding to. But if I understood the delete thread correctly, it's really hard to find some pieces of the delete (and expensive as jerry has said)

I’m hoping to replace the entire system with a much improved, more advanced way of interacting with my sounds and climate, mainly those two; nav would be nice too but I’ll take what I can get. A better screen maybe? Is there such an animal?

search, for one thing.
And then figure out how long your piece of string is.
2700$ should just about do a last year LX with LC parts. (including side vents)
I promise you this, I’ve never been good at riddles, or search, search engines, digging for hours on end through countless drama stories just to reach more conclusions that don’t fit the bill. Better to just say what needs to be said, and heard, clearly. In this way, I then know what point youre trying to reach.

I could be close, soon. But right now I’m sitting on the W Coast, with the rest of the clueless bunch.

Basically your options are as mentioned above. Either a 2 din alpine/pioneer/JVC/Sony stereo or the Tesla model above. The Tesla on the facelift models look nicer and is a easier fix than the earlier lx models with nakamichi.

Ok. So then there are options for this exchange, from lost cause to hopeful pleasure. I am looking at the PX6 and I like what I see. Anyone out there with experience with this unit, in an LX or LC, specifically 100 series?

Many have done the PX6 swap, it’s not easy but the end results are what you’re asking for. Get ready for some reading:

Man that’s a lot of reading! And to what end? Stuck here in the suck zone (half way between Sacramento and SF) for the next three years, I wonder if I’ll be able to get this done, and more importantly, if this PX6 unit is worth all the trouble; not so sure. So this is it then? The abosolute best life has to offer us 200 series players?

My wife’s 2015 LX 570 has a similar system as my ‘07. One would have thought that the JPN's, (is it still Fuji Industries who makes LC?LX's?) would have been more diligent and forth coming in advanced systems between ’07 - ’15. Makes me want to go back to a Craco from Western Auto, with Jenson 6x9’s in DIY box’s! I still have some cassettes, OMG!

Fuuuuudge sickle.

Search.

Search some more.

When the 1st response from a forum veteran recommends you search, that is a STRONG hint. Griping about searching will ingratiate you to almost no one in these parts.

Good luck in your SEARCH.

Remember you're talking about a vehicle from 2007. When Peyton Manning won a superbowl with the Colts and the first Transformers was in the box office.

We're super lucky to have new products coming out for our ~15 year old+ rigs. The tesla-style control center is a great example of that.

But hey, if you don't see a product that fits your needs either you're in the wrong rig or you have some opportunity to make something new!

There are non nav parts to separate the HVAC and audio.
People are still buying them, I haven't had a problem getting any parts as of late.
The fix for 2007 is somewhat complicated, to a certain degree.
I have one unit compatible for all models sitting here, minus the AC amp, which is a 400-700 part.

current prices
ac amp listed above @ 400-700
All other parts as one unit @ 1300
New LC side vents @ 300 each (because the LX parts are in fact NLA)
Upper wiring harness @110
Lower harness @110

I have no experience with chinese big screens, but I wouldn't do it with the late 2006 or 7
I also prefer to leave the audio to the pros.

just my opinion, no one needs to get offended.

Most of what you'll find is a masochistic exercise in futility. 2 main factors: initial design and the low numbers of vehicles sold - makes no sense for a decent aftermarket design-testing-implementation investment. Aside from the hastily made chicom trinkets, of course. We have a promising thread on an upgrade every year here, and the quest for deliverance is not limited to the sound system...
I salute the people who spend mountains of their time and some cash on these attempts and I am very grateful for them to do this. I even tried to make a call for us to pitch at least 5 bux in for their effort, but it didn't please the mods(?)

@synergy
Please let us know in case you can find a competent audio shop that can install the Phoenix PX6 or similar systems with a reasonable price in California (either NorCal or SoCal is ok). Thanks in advance! :)

There are non nav parts to separate the HVAC and audio.
People are still buying them, I haven't had a problem getting any parts as of late.
The fix for 2007 is somewhat complicated, to a certain degree.
I have one unit compatible for all models sitting here, minus the AC amp, which is a 400-700 part.

current prices
ac amp listed above @ 400-700
All other parts as one unit @ 1300
New LC side vents @ 300 each (because the LX parts are in fact NLA)
Upper wiring harness @110
Lower harness @110

I have no experience with chinese big screens, but I wouldn't do it with the late 2006 or 7
I also prefer to leave the audio to the pros.

just my opinion, no one needs to get offended.

I haven't looked into converting an 06 in a while, it was my understanding that some parts were NLA a couple years ago. Have they been found again?

Installing a PX6 really isn’t that bad, the paths based on year & LC/LX have been trudged. Spend a night taking notes in that thread and $650, you can figure it all out. Then send another $100 to Sergey and you’re set. $1900+ aftermarket was too deep for me -

Tucker

I wouldn't sully an 06/07 with those cheap Tesla imitation units. Doing that stuff well takes WAY more than those no-name companies are putting into it. Search the forum here and you will find multiple people that went through ALL the trouble of install only to later remove because the thing works so poorly.

Don't put cheap electronics in your car.

The "right" answer is the non-nav swap. It's complicated. It's expensive and it requires a lot of learning/reading/knowledge. Until somebody takes the massive amount of time and effort to sort the kit and instructions and do all the leg work for you by putting into a single kit, you're stuck doing it all yourself.

The easy answer is to buy non-polarized sunglasses and enjoy the existing system. If you want to get more capability, buy a Grom VL2. Super easy install and gets you about 10 years further down the technology line with Apple Car Play and Android Auto.

How often are you screwing with your climate controls? I adjust mine about once per month, and only when my wife is in the car and needs something special. The auto setting works well, IMO. Embrace the auto setting and the climate concerns mostly go away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom