I dont have a problem, you have a problem... 1985 4Runner (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yes!! How did I miss this…miss the rig too.

Wow @jynx awesome work.

I’d buy this back if you ever want to sell!

If that time ever comes, I'll give you right of first refusal. We got it from Greg Thompson from Jackson, MS.

I had a 1st gen years ago and after I sold it, we had been looking for another on and off. Saw Greg in it a few years ago and tried to buy it from him then, no dice, but fate came back around and we got a call from a mutual friend and, well, the rest is history as they say.
It's "supposed" to be my daughter's first car. She's claimed it as hers, I'm not sure if I want to give a fresh 16 yo driver a stock 85 since they are becoming harder to find in decent condition, so we may just restore it along and make it a family rig.

Who knows.

If that time ever comes, I'll give you right of first refusal. We got it from Greg Thompson from Jackson, MS.

I had a 1st gen years ago and after I sold it, we had been looking for another on and off. Saw Greg in it a few years ago and tried to buy it from him then, no dice, but fate came back around and we got a call from a mutual friend and, well, the rest is history as they say.
It's "supposed" to be my daughter's first car. She's claimed it as hers, I'm not sure if I want to give a fresh 16 yo driver a stock 85 since they are becoming harder to find in decent condition, so we may just restore it along and make it a family rig.

Who knows.
That’s awesome. He actually reached out to me at one point but honestly I never followed up with him.

I never should have sold it…was a post divorce project and just moved on. I often think fondly of it.

How are those rear interior panels holding up with the monstaliner? I paid a lot to find good condition ones and then wanted to add a bit of longevity to them!

Keep it in the family! If not we can trade it back and forth between us for the rest of time!

Brett

The real trick is gonna be matching the other side so it looks right.

A trick I use is to extend the masking tape you used - like to the top and bottom of the bumper and to either side so you can mark the edges of the bumper and the turn signal opening and whatever else. Then peel that off, flip it over, and line it up on the other side. You have a mirror image of the hole you just cut. :cool:

I got the other hole cut. Jigsaw and a drill bit got me a rough hole. I still need to pick up a bandfile to clean up the hole. Then I can stick in the other light and back up and see how close to even they are.
20231118_154515.jpg

So those grinder band files are a tool I never knew I needed until I did. That thing made short work of cleaning up the hole for the fog light.
20231126_145119.jpg

Then it made quick work of de-burring the drill holes.
20231126_150156.jpg

I got some paint on the edges and now just need to build a harness and find a switch and un-used knockout in the cab.

Well, I bolted in the lights. Picture isn't the best, but I think im happy. Now just harness and switching.
20231203_165800.jpg

I think I managed to get the ones with a backlight, so I'm gonna tie that into the marker lights.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom