I don't give a flip 25 build. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Cruiser_Nerd

That 25 Guy.
Threads
Well, I wasn't going to do a thread for this, but I've been perking along since my stepson and grandson are helping out. (Since I sold my "trail rig" the only way they're going wheeling again is if they build me something :grinpimp: ).

Meet #48, the middle triplet. For the last five years it's served as parts donor, yard ornament and the occasional poster child for the local blight ordinance campaign. :p

Purists, big spenders, and those afraid to recycle fifty year old hardware.......................run away. :hillbilly:
IMG_2609.jpg
IMG_2612.jpg
IMG_0238.jpg

Hmmm, decision time:

1. Fix the original frame with rotted out front.

or

2. Fix the '59 donor frame with scaly rear.

or

3. Buy the $400 Craigs list '68 40 roller with "mint" frame. :idea:

Well it had huuuuuuuuuuuge knobby 33x12.5 tires, gas pipe front bumper, shiney cad plated shackles and brand new JTO disc brakes.................and a bad rod, how could I resist?
IMG_0255.jpg
IMG_0256.jpg
IMG_0257.jpg

Transmission/transfer case? Does it run well without a gas tank? Two weeks and you should be hitting the trails.

Transmission/transfer case? Does it run well without a gas tank? Two weeks and you should be hitting the trails.

:doh: I didn't get a picture of the Walmart Valucrap 5qt fuel tank in service......................stole the fuel tank out of Fox's new 25 before it left the ranch. :p

The grandson Chris doing the heavy lifting and the return of the pink transmission.

I think the color may have seasoned a bit on the tranny, or the Chicken Little sticker makes it a little less pink. :p Oh yeah it's a SM420 mated to a Marlin Toybox adapter (do they make these things anymore?) to a mini case with disc parking brake. I've got a honkin' big reversible PTO to replace the mini PTO. :hillbilly:

Just mocking things up to see how it goes together. And what's the first thing to do with a mint no rust frame..........................cut the crossmember! :bang:
IMG_0312.jpg
IMG_0316.jpg
IMG_0317.jpg

Chris! More Sawzall blades!:wrench:
IMG_0340.jpg
IMG_0346.jpg

So now you're all caught up to last weekend. How does a 25 fit on a 40 frame?

Perfect.

How does it fit over the formerly pink tranny?

Perfect.......................since the whole floor has to be replaced. :D Hopefully have some steel trussing this thing up next weekend.
IMG_0348.jpg
IMG_0349.jpg

Subscribed.

(FoxFab better get on the ball, you already have a headstart on his project)

No work tonight, planting petunias........... :princess:

I'm beginning to like Craigs again, scored this seat for $150. Wider and comfier than a jeep seat.
IMG_0357.jpg

I am willing to help finance your project via your two door strap eyebolts for my $35 plus shipping. I can also provide stainless hex bolts to fill the eyebolt holes.

I will watch the project eagerly. Good luck.

I am willing to help finance your project via your two door strap eyebolts for my $35 plus shipping. I can also provide stainless hex bolts to fill the eyebolt holes.

I will watch the project eagerly. Good luck.

You can't have these! Door straps are mandatory, just ask my daughter. ;p

I'll look Bill, I'm sure I've got a couple sets around. :)

Neat project :cool:. Nice to see the younger generation showing interest, and willing to participate. Looking forward to your build.

Not a lot of progress this week. Made a mistake of buying steel on line instead of local. Yeah it was convenient, but it's not here. :mad: Turning over the garden and the mail man pulls in with my P/S bracket from Georg! Had a project for Saturday.

Kevin cut off the old bracket, swapped the pitman arms, and we bolted up the box from the donor pickup. Spent the rest of the afternoon stripping the dash.
IMG_0361.jpg
IMG_0362.jpg
IMG_0364.jpg

Yes, a stock FJ25 was harmed on Sunday. A little sawzall action.
IMG_0379.jpg
IMG_0399.jpg
IMG_0420.jpg

New body mounts!
IMG_0381.jpg
IMG_0493.jpg
IMG_0494.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom