F135 back from the dead!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Cruiser_Nerd

That 25 Guy.
Threads
Another F135 back from the dead. I have no idea how long this thing has been sitting. The wonderful diesel sound is the water pump trying to jump off the front of the block. :lol:

Ratatatatatatatatatatatat video.

I'd like to say it fired right up, but this took a day of fiddling with things like the air cleaner full of nuts, starter full of road salt?, bad fuel pump, no carb........................the usual. :rolleyes: Had a wicked skip and backfire through the carb.....................which I assumed was a stuck valve..........so went down that road only to find the PO had #3 and #4 plug wires swapped. :lol:
IMG_0238.jpg
IMG_0244.jpg
IMG_0245.jpg

HA! That sounds great!

at first I thought that mower in the background was the 135 puuuurrrring:lol:

with the water pump shaking that bad, I'd be weary of that orange fan blade

not bad:beer:

what's the scoop anyway, buy one sell one?

Thats Cool Stuff !!!!!!!!! There's nothing like firing up a motor that's been sitting for lord knows how long. To bad you didnt get a picture of the smile on your face when it did fire those are priceless Good job Brother

It was great fun.........after I determined there were no real issues. :lol: I never ran it, but had oiled the cylinders, sealed it tight, and changed the oil when I got it. That Walmart stuff came out like the goo in a lava lamp.

The purring is the electric fuel pump. With the belt off that's about all you hear. The video is what took all my skills.............should have enlisted a kid. :idea:

This is the middle triplet, straight out of inventory. Here's a picture from a few years before I got it a few years ago to give an idea of how well it was cared for. :rolleyes:
P1210008.JPG
P1210009.JPG

I thought the pump was a sound effect for 16mm film. All you need to do is add some Sepia to the colour! Nice work Jim.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom