i don't belive this. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Matt60

KiSS of Death
Threads
Website
www.queencitycycles.com
some how i achieved over 15mpgs yesterday, over the course of an 800mile trip with speeds between 68mph and 78mph. best part- that the truck was slightly loaded with a 15ft kayak on the roof. id blame it on a great tail wind but thats not the case...

15 mpg when cruising at a steady speed on level ground isn't hard to believe. Enjoy it, don't expect it.;)

I got 16 towing my M416 with a FF rear and a spare core support in it going from LI up to Albany this summer.

When a 60 truck is in good tune, it will get decent mileage.

I just got 11.2...fresh Mark A. Rebuilt carb...intake/exhaust gasket job, knuckles...what else am I missing? all new vacuum lines, new cat, great vacuum reading. I know it can do better. Oh, and the A/C wasn't on either even though I rehabbed it during the summer.

Maybe a valve adjustment might help it? at least it'll make it quieter.

:hmm:

I've got a desmog, new(er) plugs, new cap, rotor, fuel filter, headers and no cat. I may be cheating a bit, but you should get better with a stock truck.

How fast do you drive? I drive a little under 65 which helps a ton too.

Matt, I've seen your math. You might want to have someone else do the cypering. You tires have also thrown off the mileage by at least ten percent to the positve

What math is there to do?

Fill your tank up, use a GPS and reset it at the gas station. Drive until you need gas. Check odometer on GPS after you add 20 gallons and see that you drove 289 miles.

Pretty simple math to me.

........ the truck was slightly loaded with a 15ft kayak on the roof. id blame it on a great tail wind but thats not the case...

now that's funny...what's that weigh? 60#s at best?

If you attach a several belly pans you could possibly acchieve a 20% reduction in drag. That could mean you would get a 1.5 mpg gain or more in fuel economy. There are other tricks to decreasing drag but that is another thread.

I get between 15 and 16 on the highway with my 60 on a regular basis, but then like GLTHFJ60 I have a complete desmog on my 2f and she runs better than Ever before. I also run 33's, H55 trany, 4.11 gears and LOVE IT!!

now that's funny...what's that weigh? 60#s at best?

its closer to 50 pounds, weight wasn't my concern i was lookin for some drag sympathy. i've hauled the o'l boat and a few bikes up there before and probably ran closer to 10mpg

What math is there to do?

Fill your tank up, use a GPS and reset it at the gas station. Drive until you need gas. Check odometer on GPS after you add 20 gallons and see that you drove 289 miles.

Pretty simple math to me.

you found out my math skills. i think i'm running closer to 20% off..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom