Hydro boost - rock hard brake pedal (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@jjdeneen918 , I think that might be hard to track down via images. I believe that Delphi manufactures these for GM, Dodge, Ford, and others. I’m guessing there are minor variations like the spread of the MC mounting studs, fittings, etc.
That’s what I’m afraid of.
Appears the shop I got it from is out of business, so I’m at a loss there.
Hopefully someone who sourced the same hydrobooster has more info & can confirm model. 🤞

Otherwise I may contact VanCO, see if they can offer assistance.

That’s what I’m afraid of.
Appears the shop I got it from is out of business, so I’m at a loss there.
Hopefully someone who sourced the same hydrobooster has more info & can confirm model. 🤞

Otherwise I may contact VanCO, see if they can offer assistance.

One thing that may help, is to measure the width of the MC mounting studs. It’s likely either 3-1/4” on centers, or 3-3/8”.

The tandom willwood master cylinders have somewhat elongated mounting holes and should accommodate both. You may still need to make a custom length insert/slug/bullet (choose your own terminology) in order to use a willwood.

If your mounting studs measure 3-3/8", check into a 1970 corvette master cylinder for a MANUAL brake application. It'll have a 1" bore and should have the 3-3/8" mounting dimension. Dorman M36367 or similar.

correct, the ford and gm is identical
@jjdeneen918 , I think that might be hard to track down via images. I believe that Delphi manufactures these for GM, Dodge, Ford, and others. I’m guessing there are minor variations like the spread of the MC mounting studs, fittings, etc.
save for teh part that mounts to brake pedal and the bolt pattern for firewall

If your mounting studs measure 3-3/8", check into a 1970 corvette master cylinder for a MANUAL brake application. It'll have a 1" bore and should have the 3-3/8" mounting dimension. Dorman M36367 or similar.
Yes, I do recall they told me I was getting a Corvette MC, from the 60’ or 70’s, can’t recall exactly as it’s been years.

Mine does look to be 3 3/8”.

Yes, I do recall they told me I was getting a Corvette MC, from the 60’ or 70’s, can’t recall exactly as it’s been years.

Mine does look to be 3 3/8”.

Sounds like you may have gotten the power brake Corvette master cylinder, which is 1-1/8"

I found this online. Looks pretty slick & specs are 1” bore. Just don’t know if it will bolt up.

IMG_0083.jpeg

I’m 99% sure this is the booster that Sweeting sold us. It has several GM applications which would explain why he called it a GM booster made by Bosch. Be aware that the color of the accumulator is significant as they are not all the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom