Humming Noise and Vibration in Steering When Turning (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey everyone,

When I turn the wheel to the right at highway speeds I hear a humming noise from the front axle and feel a subtle vibration in the steering wheel. Toyota mechanic confirmed it but was not able to find the cause. He said he lifted the truck and checked the wheel bearings (I don't know how and to what extend). I wonder if anyone could point me to possible causes. It's gotten worse since last year, and it doesn't happen when I turn left.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Hey everyone,

When I turn the wheel to the right at highway speeds I hear a humming noise from the front axle and feel a subtle vibration in the steering wheel. Toyota mechanic confirmed it but was not able to find the cause. He said he lifted the truck and checked the wheel bearings (I don't know how and to what extend). I wonder if anyone could point me to possible causes. It's gotten worse since last year, and it doesn't happen when I turn left.

Thanks for your help in advance.
Try to find a mechanic with “chassis ears”. If it’s a wheel bearing it’ll be very obvious which one once those are set up.

Also, confirm all of your lug nuts are tight. Yes the mechanic should have caught this but better safe than sorry here.. another board user had a wheel fall off recently from issues with lug nuts on one corner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom