Huh? 5-cylinders? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1PZ. Pretty much a 1HZ with one cylinder lopped off. Nice engine, somewhat quirky, sold well in some markets but never in large numbers. There's a Cruiserhead that just moved to AZ from VA that has a LHD PZJ70 originally from Mali in North Africa, super nice rig with interesting features (front seat passenger seat doesn't tilt forward to let passengers in, it rotates inward and pivots. STD trim, but with front facing benchseat instead of jumpseats).

Exiled said:
1PZ. Pretty much a 1HZ with one cylinder lopped off. Nice engine, somewhat quirky, sold well in some markets but never in large numbers. There's a Cruiserhead that just moved to AZ from VA that has a LHD PZJ70 originally from Mali in North Africa, super nice rig with interesting features (front seat passenger seat doesn't tilt forward to let passengers in, it rotates inward and pivots. STD trim, but with front facing benchseat instead of jumpseats).

Hey you forgot it has A/C but no heater and a cool factory snorkel too ;p

ooo that thing looks nice, and only an hour down the road... :idea:

Rare beast even in oz. Not many swb or mwb here have the 1990- grill and the interior colour/trim looks as if its straight out of a 75 .

I cant even remember seeing a vinyl floor mat in a aussie swb/mwb .
No centre gauges or fibreglass flares!

Its strange that a later model was a lower spec than the 85-89 models.

Exiled said:
1PZ. Nice engine, somewhat quirky, .
please explain the above statement.

the PZ series engines, have bad fame here in Panamá .. as not enough ( as Toyota quality engine ) cracked head, overheating .. etc ..

oh so just the same problems as the B, 3B, 2L-T, 2H,
overheating has nothing to do with the engine design, it has to do with the cooling which i find really hard to beleive since it is the same basic block design as the 1HZ so by what you are saying then the 1HZ will do poorly down there as well
cheers

Exiled said:

ah...he moved it down there, huh? he had quite a few cruiserparts I helped him sell...if he has any left up in VA, have him give me a call.....

I saw the PZ, but didn't get to drive it, we uncovered it though...

bk

crushers said:
oh so just the same problems as the B, 3B, 2L-T, 2H,
overheating has nothing to do with the engine design, it has to do with the cooling which i find really hard to beleive since it is the same basic block design as the 1HZ so by what you are saying then the 1HZ will do poorly down there as well
cheers

You are right with overheating problems in this engines .. I thought in 2L-T is the much serious problems than others ...

I thought again, this problems are related to the inyection system .. as you know in the diesel engine, more diesel is more temp .. more diesel than the engine can burn.

IMHO, the 1HZ is one of the finest motors Toyota has ever put out--rock solid. The 1PZ is a five-cylinder chip-off-the-old-block.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom