How to turn your FOB on and off. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I can across this the other day.

To turn you FOB off, hold the lock button down and press the unlock button 2 times. Then release. You will see the little red light blink several times.

Then to turn it back on press and button lock or unlock, and it will turn back on.

Great for security purposes.

This also lets you lock the doors while in the car with the engine off, without having them auto-unlock.

So what exactly is getting turned off? The keyless entry/start feature? So this could stop a relay attack?

I do this every night at home, car is parked several feet from where I leave my keys until my garage gets built. I also do it every time I leave my car at O'Hare. The purpose is to conserve the battery, but I wonder, I'm using it more often than I would otherwise. How much battery is really consumed when it is just sitting?

Also, the key fob hidden in my car is turned off that way. And inside an RFID blocking bag.

Last edited:
To prevent theft and reduce battery from draining. Can also place fob or Lexus credit card key in a faraday type of case.

1667396424728.png

1667396679657.png

Thanks for the clarification, I tried this on my 2013 but think this is only available on the updated key fob. No mention of this in the 2013 owners manual.
1667397128270.png

So what exactly is getting turned off? The keyless entry/start feature? So this could stop a relay attack?

It turns off the FOB.
It would stop a relay attack as the FOB signal is turned off.
You can hide a 2nd FOB in your car this way.
If you want to sleep in the vehicle without the auto-unlock feature unlocking you doors it would let me be done.
Saves the FOB battery if gone for an extended period.

I also use it when I go for trail runs, I don't want to carry the whole fob. I drop the disabled fob in the center console and lock with the metal key.

The car will lock when I do this routine, so I have to have the door open.

Then to turn it back on press and button lock or unlock, and it will turn back on.

What am I missing here, that sentence is missing a word or some context. How do you turn it back on?

What am I missing here, that sentence is missing a word or some context. How do you turn it back on?

Then to turn it back on, press the lock button once or the unlock button once. It will then turn back on.

Then to turn it back on, press the lock button once or the unlock button once. It will then turn back on.

Ok, thanks for the clarification.

this is great! now I can manually check to see if it is locked without unlocking it by touch.

this is great! now I can manually check to see if it is locked without unlocking it by touch.
If you have the side mirrors fold in when the vehicle locks, you can visually give a quick check to see if it’s locked.

If you have the side mirrors fold in when the vehicle locks, you can visually give a quick check to see if it’s locked.
I have a button on my 2017 and have to manually fold them in, they are not automatic.

Oh. Too bad. Mine is a 2021.
Odd that they waited until after 2017 to add that feature.

My button has the manual but also has an “auto” mode that swings the mirrors back when the car is locked.

Oh. Too bad. Mine is a 2021.
Odd that they waited until after 2017 to add that feature.

My button has the manual but also has an “auto” mode that swings the mirrors back when the car is locked.
I wish they had automatic mode. Many a time where im driving out of a parking lot and turn my blinker on only for it to flash in my face from the mirror i forgot to fold out.

Per my friends’ the LX had the auto button as early as 2013.. but LC not til the 2016 facelift as far as I know. Unsure about earlier years of LX.

My new-to-me ’09 LX’s mirrors auto-fold when locking the vehicle. I also found the credit card key in the manual. It must have gone dead a long time ago; it’s been riding in the glovebox for who knows how long. The guy I bought the truck from said, “I think I have a 3rd fob somewhere…I’ll let you know if I find it.” I bet this is what he was thinking of.

I need to get a CR2412 battery for it.

I have a button on my 2017 and have to manually fold them in, they are not automatic.
Auto fold mirrors were added as past of the 2016 refresh I believe, unless it wasn't added until 2018 for some reason. You would have a button near your left knee on the dash.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom