How to remove 3rd row with weld spot (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello,
Removing the 3rd row seems easy at first and there are a few YouTube videos showing how to do. However, when I started to remove the third row, I encountered a modification that adds a welding spot, preventing the removal. My J200 was manufactured in July 2018. See picture.

3rd row mount.jpg

It looks like the welding spot's purpose is to prevent the easy removal of the 3rd row. What are folks doing about it? Grinding away the weld spot? Thank you.

OK, I see the bolt is not connected to the frame and can be just pulled out.

Hello,
Removing the 3rd row seems easy at first and there are a few YouTube videos showing how to do. However, when I started to remove the third row, I encountered a modification that adds a welding spot, preventing the removal. My J200 was manufactured in July 2018. See picture.

View attachment 3563616

It looks like the welding spot's purpose is to prevent the easy removal of the 3rd row. What are folks doing about it? Grinding away the weld spot? Thank you.
No. That welded pin comes out with the seat from the bushing below. Only 4 M10 bolts hold the seat.

I left my brackets in place on my 2019...a little black tape over the opening on the fender wells and put the seat belts into the "storage slots." Doesn't look like a 2-row Heritage, but frees up the cargo area enough to hold a Newfoundland, a BIG Golden Retriever, and some soft bags in front of the ramp I use to load the 250lbs of fur/drool that I strap to the back of my front row seats.

OK, I see the bolt is not connected to the frame and can be just pulled out.

Seems like you figured it out. That's just a locating pin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom