How to price a 2002 LX470 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am wanting to list my 2002 LX470 for sale. It is 388,000 miles and I have owned it for approximately 7 years. It had 147,000 when I purchased it. No rust, interior is original and in great shape, no leaks, have all maintenance records for past 5 years, complete Iron Man lift modification professionally installed. How do I value it. I am ready for a different vehicle.

If you're like everyone else in the world you'll over price the s*** out of it. Or you could just list it for a few thousand bucks and let someone else enjoy it for a while

I saw a 2021 cruiser listed for sale with 20k miles recently for $102,000k .. Like what the actual ****. It was 81k brand new it shouldn't have gained $20k in value

OP just joined to ask a question. Welcome! How about some specific constructive suggestions on how to find a reasonable price to advertise at? (like Blue Book and all that...)

I just bought a 2002 LX470 last week in San Antonio, TX. It had 255,000 miles, a folder a couple inches thick full of service records (including timing belt & water pump), no rust, front seats had been recovered, rest of interior was clean and I paid $11,500. I had been looking for a while (nationwide) and I would estimate that your LX is probably worth 7-8K. Your higher mileage is really going to negatively affect the price. There are a lot of high mileage 100 series out there, but yours would be at the top of the most I've seen.

Just an opinion from someone who had been looking at this market for a few months before buying.

Given the miles, $8K.

I paid $8K for a '99 LX470 with 309K miles late last year. Do some Craigslist searches in various cities and see what comes up. You're also in Kansas City, which isn't a Land Cruiser hotbed (IMO). Only a fairly sophisticated Toyota guy will buy that, and only after he/she is reasonably confident that that transmission won't blow 1 month after they buy it. If I were buying it, I'd look to see that the brake booster assembly had been replaced, and then look at the usual (tires, glass, brakes, fluid changes, radiator, etc.)

[To be clear, if this thread devolves into soft selling, it will be deleted. So, just comments about how to price the truck here, please.]

If you're like everyone else in the world you'll over price the s*** out of it. Or you could just list it for a few thousand bucks and let someone else enjoy it for a while

I saw a 2021 cruiser listed for sale with 20k miles recently for $102,000k .. Like what the actual f***. It was 81k brand new it shouldn't have gained $20k in value
Ha! In Oz we have no shortage of punters asking a quarter mil for late model landcruisers

Look around at similar years/mileage/maint, get an average, take 2k off and list it on MUD and let another one of the family continue it’s life down the road.

I saw someone buy an LX600 for invoice and flip it for $138K, so a 20K premium on a '21 ain't so bad lol

As someone who just sold a 100, I can say the current market of buyers seems much more well informed and particular. Far and away most of the pre-sale investigation/interest was about the maintenance done rather than the mods. Nearly everyone had a "bought a money pit" story and were knowledgeable about potential problems. The real question, I think, is becoming whether "all maintenance records" are real maintenance or "as little required service as I could get away with".

We're definitely past the days of people only asking about when the timing belt was done.

$5000 - $7500 depending on condition and interior.

We're definitely past the days of people only asking about when the timing belt was done.
These trucks are getting older than the typical tbelt service. Extremely clean/well taken care of 100s are the same price as lower 200 series as well. I think we’re seeing people move away from this platform who don’t wrench as much.

FWIW paint and interior didn’t make on my list of cares.

discriminating buyers will also access the toyota dealershiip maintenance history via portal and VIN to augment physical maintenance records.
You should be aware, though, that if you add a vehicle to your garage to view it's history, it removes it from the owner's garage (if it's been claimed). Kind of a dick move.

You should be aware, though, that if you add a vehicle to your garage to view it's history, it removes it from the owner's garage (if it's been claimed). Kind of a dick move.
Oof, this i did not know… I Toyota/Lexus serviced…..quite a few in my hunt…

I bought a 2002 LX 470 with 126K Miles Lexus maintenance history verified via Lexus portal for 15,000 in California 1 month ago.
There’s always some great deals out there from real car guys, not shady flippers posing as enthusiasts such as op. Great buy.

FWIW paint and interior didn’t make on my list of cares.
Oh, I'm the opposite. Redoing the cosmetics are the first mod/cost I consider. I want to love the vehicle, not feel like I bought a raggedy old truck.

But as far as selling? Potential buyers devalue the vehicle as soon as they crack the door and see busted seat seams and worn out steering wheels they don't want to touch.

Bought a '99 LX 470 with 215k in GA for $10k recently.

Clean, rust free, recovered front seats, touch screen head unit. No offroad modifications. Decent maintenance records. After timing belt service and other recommended maintenance items I'm in for @$13k total. Hope that helps.

news to me as well. can the owner reclaim "the garage" by going back in?
Logic says they should be able to, but I'm not sure.

I'd think the most worrisome part of it would be potential liability if they miss an important TSB or recall notification.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom