Picked up a 2002 LX470 - Newbie here (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Always wanted a LC or LX and I finally picked one up from someone I know that's owned it since new. 227K miles. Mechanically this thing has been well taken care of. Dealer maintained for 20 years with all recommended service done. Cosmetically it needs some love. Fender bender on the right front means I'm going to go to an aftermarket bumper right away. My question is with the AHC, do I need to install spring spacers or torsion bar adjust to compensate for the weight or will the AHC take care of it? Excited to get my build going. Don't take deliver of it for another 3 weeks. Already ordered a leather kit from Ridies.

Hey John, just bought the same basic vehicle last week (just posted pics of mine). Not quite one-owner but very well cared for with extensive records. Anyway, I’m on the same adventure now. Good lock to you!

Welcome. The stock AHC can handle the weight of a steel bumper, you can give the torsion bars a few cranks to compensate if needed.

Welcome. The stock AHC can handle the weight of a steel bumper, you can give the torsion bars a few cranks to compensate if needed.
There is no "if". It will be needed. I would almost guarantee it is needed without steel bumper, most likely AHC pressure already too high.
After bumper(s) or not - I strongly recommend suspension adjustment. Leveling and pressure adjusting. Torsion bars adjustments, possibly level sensor adjustments. And rear springs/spacers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom