1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to i replace bulb in flashy side light

Discussion in '80-Series Tech' started by lx450landcruiser, Dec 8, 2003.

1. lx450landcruiser

lx450landcruiser Moderator

ok when i hit the button on my clicker to lock the doors on my lx the right hand side light doesnt flash any more. Im thinking maybe its just the bulb that needs to be replaced. but how do i get to it? I looke as saw one screw at the top that i can easily get too but the lower one looks like a bitch. i cant get to it with a regular screw driver as its too tight but i think its the only wo that hold the whole thing in?
    although it thought there was a was to just pop the lends off?

any help would help

mike

2. nakman

nakman addict.

Mike, you're talking about the corner lens, right? just take that top screw out. Then dig your fingers in between your fender and the back of the lens, and pull straight towards you (towards the front of the truck). This little ball stud will pop out of its holder, and you can remove the bulb deal from the back side. Don't need to mess with the bottom screw. hth...

3. Beowulf

Beowulf

LX-Mikey,

Here are a couple of pics from Christo's site.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

-B-

4. lx450landcruiser

lx450landcruiser Moderator

thanks guys tht help me out. just what i needed any one know the bulb that goes in there?

5. sjcruiser

sjcruiser

LX,

You could find it in your manual - or just yank the housing out to look; you'd have to remove it anyway.

Frank.

data-matched-content-rows-num="2,1" data-matched-content-columns-num="1,4" data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">