How to get this distributor bolt loose? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ok. i have a weber on my 82 fj40 so i decided to spend the money and buy a non usa distributor since it works so nice with the carb....i have spent about 3 hours now trying to get the main distributor bolt loose i just cant get to it....it seems as though no tool can get a good grip on the dumb thing....i dont want to strip it out but what can i do..used a crow's foot wrench and some misc other tools but nothing works..any help....

take the oil filter off to get better access, I just had to do this on my 82, ithad never been loosened sense new. I even had a special dizzy wrench it just wound't doit, so off came the filter.......bingo much more room to get some leverage on it

John

Oh believe me i took of the oil filter and still cant get a good grip on it. an open ended wrench will just strip it.....i eventually had to put everything back together and fill it with oil so i could go to work...i'll try some other time..but i'm lost..could rotating the dist help....i know one bolt i can loosen but it only lets me move the dist. in a circle....hmmmm...i dont know what to do...leave it with the retard dist....does adding the non-usa even make a big difference...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom