How to get this distributor bolt loose?

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by Cruiserhead05, Oct 5, 2003.

1. Cruiserhead05

Cruiserhead05

Ok. i have a weber on my 82 fj40 so i decided to spend the money and buy a non usa distributor since it works so nice with the carb....i have spent about 3 hours now trying to get the main distributor bolt loose i just cant get to it....it seems as though no tool can get a good grip on the dumb thing....i dont want to strip it out but what can i do..used a crow's foot wrench and some misc other tools but nothing works..any help....

2. Landpimp

Landpimp GOLD Star

Media:
    take the oil filter off to get better access, I just had to do this on my 82, ithad never been loosened sense new. I even had a special dizzy wrench it just wound't doit, so off came the filter.......bingo much more room to get some leverage on it

John

3. Cruiserhead05

Cruiserhead05

Oh believe me i took of the oil filter and still cant get a good grip on it. an open ended wrench will just strip it.....i eventually had to put everything back together and fill it with oil so i could go to work...i'll try some other time..but i'm lost..could rotating the dist help....i know one bolt i can loosen but it only lets me move the dist. in a circle....hmmmm...i dont know what to do...leave it with the retard dist....does adding the non-usa even make a big difference...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.