How many JEEP fans live on IH8MUD??, Most comments are understandably TOYOTA biased... (11 Viewers)

Fan of Jeeps?

• Jeeps are cool too

Votes: 49 60.5%
  • Yea, sure, they are OK

Votes: 9 11.1%
  • Nope, Ill stick to my Toyotas

Votes: 16 19.8%
  • Make? Just give me 4WD

Votes: 7 8.6%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I've always liked the idea of getting a YJ and trying to stick a 3.4 in it, so those who are jeep purists will be upset and those that are toyota purists will be upset. But the rest of us will have a good time.

Traded this for the LC. Was a LOT of fun, unstoppable on the beach (unless a valve stem ripped out) and really easy to wrench on. Loved it. My pops and I still have a 2003 manual / 4 cylinder wrangler for boppin' around in.

Perfect world and I'd have kept that JKU as it was built just right.... but in an imperfect world, my driveway is too short and my bills are too high :)

Interested to see what happens to Jeep now that they have competition from Ford, Land Rover, etc. It's been a one company show for so long...

20200207_094729 (1).jpg

Please correct me if I’m wrong, but I read somewhere that there would be no Toyota Land Cruiser, at least as we know it, if it was not for Jeep. Sometime after WWII the US military needed more Jeeps than Jeep could keep up with, and for that reason we asked Toyota to fill the orders. This happened during a time when Toyota/Japan was really struggling and facing bankruptcy (the war had a lot to do with it), and I believe our US military put in the order that ultimately spared Toyota from that fate (5000 units?).

The first Land Cruiser was called a Toyota Jeep (TJ), and it was changed only after a lawsuit from Jeep that resulted in them getting the rights to the name; after all, they did make the most Jeeps during the war and made it first.

The older you go in LC series, the more they resemble the 1950s Willys Jeeps.

Even before knowing this, I was a big fan of Jeeps. I have always wanted a wrangler (hello, convertible off roader!!?), but have only owned a grand Cherokee (5.9L). I wheeled it and things kept falling apart but it was fun while it lasted.

Jeeps and LCs have a lot of similarities, even now. The wranglers and LCs both cater to the same off-roading Communities, and both appeal to your sense of adventure. They are both portrayed as “Go anywhere vehicles”.

How I see it, is the LCs are the “Jeeps of the World”, while wranglers are American Jeeps. It’s hard to love one without also loving the other.

Jeeps and LCs have a lot of similarities, even now. The wranglers and LCs both cater to the same off-roading Communities, and both appeal to your sense of adventure. They are both portrayed as “Go anywhere vehicles”.

How I see it, is the LCs are the “Jeeps of the World”, while wranglers are American Jeeps. It’s hard to love one without also loving the other.

agree with this sentiment. It's kinda funny how folks get mad when i compare my 80 and my JKUR and note the similarities (fanbois can't help it). Simple solid axles, lockers, about the same on-road experience, etc... Although in this case it's somewhat flipped as to who came first. The 80 was way ahead of its time. Jeep took over a decade to come up with the unlimited rubicons that tapped into that family-oriented offroaders.

On my drive into town (approximately a 20 mile roundtrip) I’ll see dozens of Jeep’s including the newer Gladiators. They seem to be very commonplace. For that reason alone, I would never want a Jeep.

Took a buddy out to look at new Jeep’s last week ... I like the new JKU with diesel and the new 392 has 450hp just in case ... LOL

I was waiting for the diesel in the Wrangler or Gladiator .. then instead of dropping in the 3.0 Merc. benz. diesel they put in that Italiano fiat crap diesel that has been nothing but problems for years .. because it is built cheep.

I had the Merc. Benz. Diesel OEM factory in my 2008 Jeep Grand, and was hoping for that to go in the wrangler as it was a proven engine .. but no. So.. replacement Toyota Land Cruiser it was !

Just picked up 2021 Rubicon JLU Diesel put the Nitto Ridge Grapplers that were intended to go on my 200 LC but missed my build window due to lack of parts being available over the winter so just driving the 200 stock for another summer but got a great deal on a loaded JLU diesel .
The 35’s measure 34.5 mounted on 17” beadlocks look small in the picture but fit the Jeep very well the Diesel JLU Jeep’s sit 1.25- 1.500 higher than a gas rubicon .

F81F882F-77B8-4A1B-8163-49ACF9C3DFEB.jpeg

Just picked up 2021 Rubicon JLU Diesel put the Nitto Ridge Grapplers that were intended to go on my 200 LC but missed my build window due to lack of parts being available over the winter so just driving the 200 stock for another summer but got a great deal on a loaded JLU diesel .
The 35’s measure 34.5 mounted on 17” beadlocks look small in the picture but fit the Jeep very well the Diesel JLU Jeep’s sit 1.25- 1.500 higher than a gas rubicon .

View attachment 2682895

Nice !! .. did you mount them as bead locks or normal?

Not doing much hardcore wheeling being on the eastcoast eastern PA / New jersey pines mud and sand mostly over landing so just mounted the tires regular . The Mopar wheels have the ability to bead lock but you have to buy a different outer ring .
I have double bead locks on my quad ITP wheels for the hard core ATV Pa mountain stuff , the Rubicon is too nice , too much dough to beat the crap out of it like my old 2005 TJ was a full Genright buggy chassis with a TJ body on it living out in Utah
Thats the summer Toy while I continue to gather parts for the 200 build .

Not doing much hardcore wheeling being on the eastcoast eastern PA / New jersey pines mud and sand mostly over landing so just mounted the tires regular . The Mopar wheels have the ability to bead lock but you have to buy a different outer ring .
I have double bead locks on my quad ITP wheels for the hard core ATV Pa mountain stuff , the Rubicon is too nice , too much dough to beat the crap out of it like my old 2005 TJ was a full Genright buggy chassis with a TJ body on it living out in Utah
Thats the summer Toy while I continue to gather parts for the 200 build .

I'm going with the same wheels and tires and was leaning toward the normal mount also, as some tire shops (when your traveling) will not touch bead locks.

Sounds like a fun Utah toy you have there.

If you know where I can find the warn winch mount kit for the rubicon steel bumper Please PM me where I can get one. I feel like I'm in some 3rd world looking for that part.

I'm going with the same wheels and tires and was leaning toward the normal mount also, as some tire shops (when your traveling) will not touch bead locks.

Sounds like a fun Utah toy you have there.

If you know where I can find the warn winch mount kit for the rubicon steel bumper Please PM me where I can get one. I feel like I'm in some 3rd world looking for that part.
Look at warn

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom