How many cranks before start? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sometimes mine actually seems to crank longer when warm. Other times, there's kind of a slight stumble/buckle right before it fires up. Anyone else notice this?

Bunch of grown men typing out engine crank noises to their internet friends. I love this place.

Sometimes mine actually seems to crank longer when warm. Other times, there's kind of a slight stumble/buckle right before it fires up. Anyone else notice this?

Could be starter related. Is yours original?

I always get RRrr RRrr RRrr ROAR with the 80 (fan clutch), not the pitiful vroom you guys are talking about...:rofl:
I would say this is as close to what mine sounds like. definitely a roar form the fan clutch when it starts

Wow, this is a funny thread haha. I think videos just speak a thousand words. I am home from college for the first time in like 2 months. Wasn't going to take a video but saw this thread and it got me curious. It's about 10 degrees here in Colorado and it has been sitting on a battery tender. It has 285k, on the stock fuel filter and pump (I know I know they are next up on the to-do list).

Anyways here's how she started

Builds oil pressure right away, no blue smoke or anything

Wow, this is a funny thread haha. I think videos just speak a thousand words. I am home from college for the first time in like 2 months. Wasn't going to take a video but saw this thread and it got me curious. It's about 10 degrees here in Colorado and it has been sitting on a battery tender. It has 285k, on the stock fuel filter and pump (I know I know they are next up on the to-do list).

Anyways here's how she started

Builds oil pressure right away, no blue smoke or anything

I count 2-3 RRrr's on that one.

Longer when warm can be an indicator of a leaking VSV or saturated charcoal canister. Gas fumes can get pushed back into the intake manifold increasing the fuel-air mix to the point where the engine has to clear it before it can fire.

Longer when warm can be an indicator of a leaking VSV or saturated charcoal canister. Gas fumes can get pushed back into the intake manifold increasing the fuel-air mix to the point where the engine has to clear it before it can fire.
Hm, I also have an intermittent P0401, occasional rough idle in D (especially on start-up), and also an occasional "whooshing" from the gas cap when i unscrew it. Maybe those are all related to the longer cranks.

@TYM4FUN what’s your primary battery?

Past 10 years was a Sear Platinum AGM 31M, it did me good and still works. I took it out though and just installed the Odyssey Extreme AGM31A.
I been running the same Odyssey battery for three years now as a solo battery.
It can run my ARB fridge for days and still start the truck, powers my puma OBA and 10k winch with out issue. Not cheap but worth the $$
Starts the truck fast.

I been running the same Odyssey battery for three years now as a solo battery.
It can run my ARB fridge for days and still start the truck, powers my puma OBA and 10k winch with out issue. Not cheap but worth the $$
Starts the truck fast.
Same. Ran a test and 5+ days I can run the fridge and the truck will still start. That's why I ditched my backup battery, never used it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom