How long a 2 x 4 have you fit in your 200? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Need to get some lumbar. Can a 12 foot 2x4 fit in the 200? Passed from the back and between the front seats?

Not sure, but can't you strap it to the roof rack?

I have put a 10'x3" PVC pipe inside, had to rest on the dash. But I think 12' would be an issue, even if exploring a criss cross placement.

are you planning to close the upper hatch?

I was considering closing the hatch but it all sounds like I’ll be better off throwing it on the rack. I fit a bunch of 10 footers in my Volvo wagon with the hatch closed but that was the absolute max. Looks like it is time to use the roof.
thanks all.

10' will fit if you slide the passenger's side seat forward and then lean it back. 12' lumber will not, unless you leave the trunk open. however if you do the above you can get 12' long trim pieces (e.g. quarter round) to fit trunk-to-passenger-footwell.

10 feet is about it I think based on 4" pvc front to back. If you have factory roof rack with factory 2 cross ribs. Just tie down on top of that you should be good to go.

I've carried 10ft pieces of 2x4 with parts of the lumber resting on the dash. You may be able to get a 12ft inside if you place it diagonally, but I doubt it'll work out.

I went the roof route. I used 3 shinch straps. One to bumble and 2 to anchor to the roof rack. No problem for the 3 mi creep home.
thanks!

What about having the upper hatch closed and the tail gate down. strap them down and put a flag on anything that sticks out.
I do the opposite whenever I bring home 2x4s, 4x8 sheets of plywood, etc. 2nd and 3rd row seats down so you have a flat-ish platform, tail gate up, load the wood in there (it'll be more or less level, then pull the upper hatch down. You can slip a bungee cord end into the upper latch and it'll snap closed as if the trunk closed, then run the bungee down to the trailer hitch.

I do the opposite whenever I bring home 2x4s, 4x8 sheets of plywood, etc. 2nd and 3rd row seats down so you have a flat-ish platform, tail gate up, load the wood in there (it'll be more or less level, then pull the upper hatch down. You can slip a bungee cord end into the upper latch and it'll snap closed as if the trunk closed, then run the bungee down to the trailer hitch.

I've done that as well. However, I couldn't figure out how to make the system stop beeping a warning at me. Do you (or anybody reading this) know how to turn off the upper side warning beep?

Mine doesn't beep when I do it. Someone mentioned it was because when you insert a bungee into the latch it clicks which make the truck think it's closed. Mine still says Tailgate Open the whole time so I'm thinking I might have disabled the chime when I turned off the "fasten your seatbelt" chime via Techstream.

I have a 2009. The chime will go faster and faster and faster. Then it just turns off right when you can't take it anymore but it will stop after a minute.

I have a 2009. The chime will go faster and faster and faster. Then it just turns off right when you can't take it anymore but it will stop after a minute.

Had a 2017, have a 2020. I've made multiple 15 minute drives home from a big box store with 12 foot lumber sticking out the back and the chimes never quit. How long is the delay for a 2009?

Had a 2017, have a 2020. I've made multiple 15 minute drives home from a big box store with 12 foot lumber sticking out the back and the chimes never quit. How long is the delay for a 2009?

It's no more than a very long annoying 60 seconds. Maybe 1.5 minutes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom