How is everybody holding up? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Mauser

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Hey everybody,

There are a few of you that I see or talk to on a pretty regular basis and some of you I only see at monthly meetings. Wondering how you all are doing during this whole mess.

Anybody need anything? I am usually pretty good at being able to get things, or make things that can be hard to come by.

I have noticed there is no bakers yeast to be found in stores at all. I have a couple of pounds of dry active distillers yeast that works great for bread if anybody needs any.

I will have a batch of hand sanitizer made by the middle of next week. I have been making it out of 180 proof (90%) alcohol and either clove or peppermint oil.

If ANY of you need help with food please don't hesitate to ask. Send me a message here, or if you have my phone number call me. I have been hungry before and it sucks.

I will also offer access to my shooting range if anybody needs a little trigger time. Lots of room out here for keeping your distance from others.

I can help with vehicle repair if needed.

Stay happy, stay healthy,

Virgil

Virgil,

I see you are a man of many talents. If the Apocalypse starts in my life time I want to be on your team or have you on mine.

It is awesome that you are reaching out to folks and offering up your resources. This virus has brought tough times and a lot of uncertainty for many creating a lot of stress. This sort of community support from each other is what we need get through this. We are all up against the same thing some are facing more hardship than others.

Checking in from the Jemez, we are doing well and look forward to all of this passing. When it finally does pass I hope it leaves you all in good health and no worse off than you were before it started.

If I do anything to help anyone out let me know. I hope you are all doing well.

We're getting by ok. We are bummed that our exchange student is heading home tomorrow, two months early, but it's probably best for him to be back home with his family, especially now that school isn't happening in the normal manner. I'm thankful to still have employment and be able to pay my bills. I have adequate supply of food and am willing to share with anyone in need. I just counted TP rolls and we are still good for probably a few more weeks.

We are doing good. We can't go visit Paula's Mom , since she is a senior living home , but that's okay cause where she is at they have had no virus cases.
Her Mom is doing well. We continue to get projects done around the house. I finished splitting all the firewood and the racks are full. I installed an old CB radio in my pickup. And mounted a 5 gal gas can holder in the pickup bed. We get out for walks and I enjoy riding my Fat tire bicycle in the arroyos up here Rio Rancho.
Glad we are retired, and we are doing well. Will plant garden soon. Hope everyone is doing well.
We feel we can help others by donating food and money to Food Banks. Be glad when this is over.

Hey Virgil, thanks for checking in with everyone. My household is doing well. Fortunate to have jobs we can do from home, so the biggest challenge will be what the girls are missing from school. Sadly I've been working more, instead of less, so no significant project accomplishments. Girls are looking for ways to help people in need and finding some virtual volunteering opportunities. As long as we stay well, this will be a growth experience.

Like everyone else on here, if I can help out in some way, just let me know.

Yes indeed Vergil, thanks for the check-in and generous offer. I thought we’d be moving toward Santa Fe by now, but like everyone else our plans have changed. My partner and I will ride out the virus here in Old Mexico then get up to AK to complete the move to SF. We support you from afar, I guess our “plan” is a fall arrival. Best wishes for everyone’s safety, we can’t wait to become NewMexicans and meet fellow cruiser heads! Lee

So nice of you to offer help and check in! Susan and I are doing fine. We cant see her mother as she is in a dementia care facility but they are doing good. I have been putting lots of miles on my bicycle the last couple weeks as the weather has been getting nice. Also been doing some things around the house and on the vehicles. Dogs are getting 4 plus mile walks everyday so theyre really enjoying this! We are kinda semi retired and income sources are still holding up as of now. I am super concerned with friends and co workers in Las Vegas NV right now. That city has been hit extremely hard and not sure if and when and lot of those jobs are coming back. Hope everyone stays safe and we will get through this together and be stronger for it. Please take this virus serious as a friend back in Ohio has friends that live down the street from him where almost the whole family has passed away from this virus.

Good to see you all doing good for the most part.

We have been just hanging out here on the mountain. Wife's hours got cut a little at work, but not driving her GX 100+ miles daily helps to make up for that.

Looks like this mess is going to last longer than originally expected.

If anybody needs anything let me know.

Good to see you all doing good for the most part.

We have been just hanging out here on the mountain. Wife's hours got cut a little at work, but not driving her GX 100+ miles daily helps to make up for that.

Looks like this mess is going to last longer than originally expected.

If anybody needs anything let me know.
You have a good place to ride out this event, and it is going to take a while. Let us know, too, if anyone needs anything. Thanks for keeping us up on everyone.

Got a few bottles of hillbilly hand sanitizer made. Not that weak 62% stuff. This is at least 75% alcohol. Can spare a couple if someone needs some.

I have enough aloe to make about a gallon more. Will have more alcohol by the end of the week.
MVIMG_20200419_161718.jpg

Got a few bottles of hillbilly hand sanitizer made. Not that weak 62% stuff. This is at least 75% alcohol. Can spare a couple if someone needs some.

I have enough aloe to make about a gallon more. Will have more alcohol by the end of the week.
View attachment 2279400

I could use some. There never seems to be any the few times I’ve been to the store.

I could use some. There never seems to be any the few times I’ve been to the store.

You got it. I will be in town on Thursday. I have some with peppermint oil and some unscented.

You got it. I will be in town on Thursday. I have some with peppermint oil and some unscented.

Unscented please! Let me know when and where to meet you on Thursday. Thank you.

Good morning!

Looks like all this craziness is going to continue for a while longer.

Everybody doing ok?

Doing good here in Espanola. Thanks for asking.

Good morning!

Looks like all this craziness is going to continue for a while longer.

Everybody doing ok?
This isn't that much of a change from my normal life, except I looking like bank robber at the grocery store.
How's things up on the hill? Do you guys need anything from the low elevation lands of the unwashed masses?

… except I looking like bank robber at the grocery store.

My observation is folks wearing face masked looked scared. Deer in the headlights scared. Looking over their shoulder, squinting side glances. I threatened to Sharpie a smile on my dust mask, which I admit I don't wear much. They don't seal around the beard, so I don't see the point. It also seems that folks with masks are more likely to invade space ... unless they see somebody without a mask. Then they give a wide birth. Also another reason not to wear one.

My observation is folks wearing face masked looked scared. Deer in the headlights scared. Looking over their shoulder, squinting side glances. I threatened to Sharpie a smile on my dust mask, which I admit I don't wear much. They don't seal around the beard, so I don't see the point. It also seems that folks with masks are more likely to invade space ... unless they see somebody without a mask. Then they give a wide birth. Also another reason not to wear one.

I don’t think your observations are very accurate. I can think of at least two reasons that people would be looking at you, but it ain’t scared!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom