How is everybody holding up? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

One bright spot, you can get a Lotaburger in Tucson.

Did not know this, Lotaburger rocks. Prefer it to In n Out and pretty much every other burger joint. Just can’t really beat it lol.

Did not know this, Lotaburger rocks. Prefer it to In n Out and pretty much every other burger joint. Just can’t really beat it lol.
You guys try Bob's Burgers in ABQ (not the cartoon)? It's my current favorite for fast food burgers though not a traditional burger...it's a taco-burger that's in a hard shell with their magical queso/chile sauce that actually has some heat. The sauce is what makes it.

Be careful - that Bob’s Burger taco burger sauce might just blow your head off. It can be extra spicy or downright nuclear depending on the batch!

Totally! Thanks for the reminder! I'm gonna go there today. Although now that you've brought it up, I have to say that my favorite cheeseburger in Albuquerque is from GRIFFS on Central. Oh my...it takes me back to the Fried Onion Burger Day Festival in Oklahoma in the mid 90s. Griffs is the last place we stopped before rolling the 4runner caravan out of town last November.

Last edited:
I 'm getting hungry....reading this post.. Owl Cafe burgers are pretty good., too. The BuckHorn burger in San Antonio, NM was good. Don't know if they reopened or not.
When going through Farmington on the way to Utah, I usually stop at the Lota Burger there for the burger, fries and milkshake. I don't eat many hamburgers ,so This seems to be the start my adventures in Utah. I tend to eat easy , quick camp meals, that lack the tasty, greasy burger flavor.

When going through Farmington on the way to Utah, I usually stop at the Lota Burger there for the burger, fries and milkshake. I don't eat many hamburgers ,so This seems to be the start my adventures in Utah. I tend to eat easy , quick camp meals, that lack the tasty, greasy burger flavor.
I don't eat much fast food either. When I travel, though, a stop at McD's for two cheese burgers and fries usually happens. I can eat those little burgers on the road without making a mess on my lap.

I forgot to mention we caught the 40 elk encounter on the dash cam
When I travel, though, a stop at McD's for two cheese burgers and fries usually happens. I can eat those little burgers on the road without making a mess on my lap.

Hah! I do the same thing for the exact same reason.

I went to Blake's in Tucson earlier and was happy to see the same menu with the "NM" style burger. It was a 30 mile round trip :-0

I don't eat much fast food either. When I travel, though, a stop at McD's for two cheese burgers and fries usually happens. I can eat those little burgers on the road without making a mess on my lap.

Ya think so, eh?

We are enjoying Tucson about as much as we thought we would 👎. I have not had much time or well rested periods to get any meaningful work done on the 4runner. We took a trip to Durango over Christmas and almost hit 40 elk. We've also been over Redington Pass in Tucson and gone up to the peak of Mt. Lemmon...I'm hoping to pull it together and get some maintenence performed before summer. I'm looking forward to the second trip to Ouray with the club. It's big driving factor in my motivation this year. Sarai just started her career in Arizona and we will be planted here for two more years minimum. Not sure if we should buy a house or keep burning our money handing it to the landlords...all in all I'm maintaining my status as a Burqueño and getting ready to plant green chiles next week from Sandia Seed Company. There's a ton of work to do before August and I'm just trying to keep my head on straight through the changes, pandemic or not.
Tucson is not a bad place to be. I've got a couple of friends that live down there near Marana. Its about the same size as Albuquerque. Pretty cool stuff around the area to see as well. Hiking up on Mt Lemmon is nice. There's an off road trail that a friend of mine took me on coming down the back side. I kinda like the Sonoran desert there too. Very pretty in the spring.

One of my favorite gardens is in Tucson. Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum.

One of my favorite gardens is in Tucson. Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum.

The Sonoran desert has to be one of the coolest desert I've ever experienced.

I'm gonna tell my kids that the Saguaros come alive and walk around at night.
This is exactly the kind of thing I tell my kids that exasperates my wife. She says I’m filling their heads with nonsense, which I think is nonsense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom