how do you like the tiger top (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
i ordered a tiger top because the price was right and i have wanted a soft top. i guess it would have been better to ask then order but oh well. how is the fit? how easy/hard is the install (i am not a chimp with a wrench)? How do they hold up? Can it be folded down or just rolled up? is it hard to take them down and put them up in the summa time? What is the meaning of life? what came first the chicken or the egg?

had one approximately 12 years ago...hated it...better than no top, but that was it. hopefully they've gotten better

I believe they've made improvements on them, but I used to have one too. No real complaints on it, but it never sealed all that great.

cancel the order, save up another five hundred or so and buy an ehsan top, havent heard anything but raves from people on here that have bought them, and they look great. nuclearlemon has one I believe.

I've got one.
For what it is, its not bad. At the time I bought mine, there were no Ehsan tops hitting the shores yet, and I had to have a top (hard is torn down).
With hard doors it is not bad, the soft doors blow, I would only consider them when mudding in the summertime-quick and easy. The velco sucks on the door pillars, it needs to be replaced with snaps.
My Opinion-install it well, use hard doors, and replace the velcro and its not a bad top. The material is decent, the zippers good. The rear and sides roll up easily, and it folds down or removes in minutes.
It does not seal like the Ehsan top, however, it is much easier to put up and remove.
If one can afford the money and wait for an Ehsan, it is better in all respects other than money and time to install/remove.

One more thing-it doesn't mean much, but it uses the same windshield channel as my SOR bikini top, which is a nice convience.

i like the ehsan tops but they are unfortunately too much money for my wallet (i am a 2nd year teacher) and the fact that the frame is a skeleton when i would rather be completely topless is a factor i considered. that and it was like 200 bucks. i couldnt pass it up. if it leaks, oh well, so does the hardtop unless yours is somehow magic. It doesn't leak much but enough to keep me honest. Anything is better than the bikini in the rain. I did a trip from pittsburgh to williamsburg va and it stormed from winchester va the whole way. traffic on 95 was crawling and the rain was heavy. it was fun whiile the sun was out but in the dark it bt hard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom