How do you do a fj55 springover.

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by dallaskiser, May 14, 2003.

1. dallaskiser

dallaskiser

I have a FJ55 and it needs a springover. I am not sure about all the steps. If you can help with any info it would be very helpful. Thank you for your time in advance. :bow:

2. axlechassis

axlechassis

:bow: Put the question to Whately in the toyota trails tech. He is mr iron pig. SOA pigs rule!

3. woody

woody unhelpful spotter Staff Member Admin

Media:
    Albums:
    The issues in a FJ55 are nearly identical to those in the FJ40. Read up on a couple of the tech writeups on SOA projects and those should answer most questions.

4. zipp

zipp

First you wanted to spring it over or lift it- then it seemed like you were selling it- and now you want to spring it over? What's the deal? Are you springing it over because you want to wheel it? Or are you doing it to give it a better sale value?

Either way, I can give you a pretty comprehensive list of what I did to mine. Right now I'm at work, so I'd have to do it later- but yeah- it's a good thing, springs being on top of the axles and all....

Zipp.

[​IMG]

5. dallaskiser

dallaskiser

Well to answer your ? both. I have a land cruser that is in OK shape im selling and 1972. And i have one that is hella pimp im keeping also 1972. Thanks for the pic it raeally helped i should be able to do that without to much trouble.

6. 73fj

73fj Tho at sumbitch in ayer!

Media:
    Albums:
    :slap: just make sure your driveline angles are perfect before final welding or youll be pulling rear ends and cutting off what you just welded like i did.doh! :slap:

7. dallaskiser

dallaskiser

Thanks for the help guys i really needed it thats for sure it was a bitch. :bow:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.