How do I remove the gaurd/fender on my 75 series land cruiser (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just bought a panel beating kit and want to get familiar with how to use it, so I’m trying to test it on my banged up drivers guard. I just can’t figure out where these bolts are to remove the gaurd. It looks like there might be little tac welds holding it on, but not sure if I should drill them or not. Any help/tips/ideas on how to remove this stupid gaurd

image.jpg

there are a couple ways to remove it, lots of bolts, no spot welds.

one way is to remove the whole upper/lower/inner as one unit. there are bolts in the radiator support, the upper firewall and lower firewall.

the other way is to remove just the lower fender itself, there are a bunch of bolts that run around the entire inner fender.

there are a couple ways to remove it, lots of bolts, no spot welds.

one way is to remove the whole upper/lower/inner as one unit. there are bolts in the radiator support, the upper firewall and lower firewall.

the other way is to remove just the lower fender itself, there are a bunch of bolts that run around the entire inner fender.
Do I need to remove the liner in order to remove the gaurd?

You can remove all 3 pieces together, or two pieces or one piece. Depends on what you need to get to. There’s two bolts at the bottom of the A pillar, one bolt mid height on the A pillar that you get to by opening the front door, the rest are easily identified. Small hands work best.

no, but there are bolts all over the place,,,, once you start seeing them you'll follow the sequence.

Petty certain I’ve got all of the bolts but along the top where it meets the bonnet is still fixed solid, any ideas?

Petty certain I’ve got all of the bolts but along the top where it meets the bonnet is still fixed solid, any ideas?

If i remember correctly, there ist a bolt hidden underneath the panel that sits between bonnet and windscreen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom