How do I adjust rear pinion angle? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all,

Firstly I have searched but going around in circles and getting confused.

I am installing a new lift kit on a 97 80 series cruiser. I am running a 2” suspension lift and have got new heavy duty rear lower control arms which are 11mm longer than stock. I also have got adjustable upper control arms, but I have no idea what length I should set them as.

Does anyone know whether I should start with them shorter or longer, and then how do I do final alignment? (I am guessing put everything together, get the vehicle sitting on its wheels then measure the pinion angle…. But do I want the pinion aimed up/down or parallel with the transfer case output?)

Thanks

Parallel with the tcase, if running stock driveshaft, doubt you need to do anything. My wife’s has ome springs the 2 inch ones and stock upper and lower arms.
Set your uppers to same length as stock ones, since your lowers are longer, longer lower will put the diff more down with the uppers stock length, if you wanted pinnon pointed more down shorter on the uppers

At 2” of lift it’s likely not required. Not to say your truck won’t appreciate it.

Goal is to have the tcase flange and the pinion flange parallel to each other.

Parallel, so if the transfer case is 2* down the pinion should be 2* up

Fantastic, thanks guys. Just wanted to make sure…

I was hoping it was going to be a straight forward job but didn’t realise the stock upper arms had the brackets for the locker wiring…

Had to make this bracket which was easy enough

47B5D480-0F7F-48FF-99C0-2C161C3E4126.jpeg

68C0DA26-0D70-41CF-AC0A-F18059769057.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom