How are your drawer systems holding up over time? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ARB makes a "roller floor" drawer for fridges but still has some drawer storage.

1691100157471.png

my ADGU drawers/sleeper platform have 100K miles on them. no rattles for 60K miles, then i took them out to adjust for a slight rubbing when opening the DS drawer. now i have an intermittent rattle from the PS drawer. still pretty satisfied overall.
I bet a quick adjustment of the drawer slide tab (near the 2nd row seat backs) will resolve that. Give us a call or email and we'll eliminate that rattle.

In the last few years we've learned a ton on rattle/noise mitigation.
Why?
Have been eyeing these for my LX. Just about to pull the trigger.
Please dissuade me.

Thanks.

Here's another question regarding everyone's drawer setup.
I have a Dometic 75L fridge, that has an access height of 17". If I mount this on a drawer system (Dobinsons for example), that is 10" high, then this puts it at 27".
My LX 570 with AHC in the low position puts the rear floor height at 30" or so, which means that the fridge access is at 57", which is at chin height for my wife.

In your experience, is this access height too inconvenient for camping use?
Also considering single drawer and mounted fridge slider for this reason (less storage).

I'm one of the owners at ADGU and we'd love a chance to earn your business. One of the configurations that might work really well for you is a half system with a fridge slide mounted to our solid aluminum anchors bars. That puts the fridge as low as possible, saves a good bit of $$ and leaves you with a full size drawer on the other side for ample storage.

Our drawer and all the system's material quality will run circles around Dobinsons all day. :)

Full extension, steel lock out. Keyed lock option, sleeper option, made in USA, etc...

-Andy
720-335-5991

I bet a quick adjustment of the drawer slide tab (near the 2nd row seat backs) will resolve that. Give us a call or email and we'll eliminate that rattle.

In the last few years we've learned a ton on rattle/noise mitigation.

I'm one of the owners at ADGU and we'd love a chance to earn your business. One of the configurations that might work really well for you is a half system with a fridge slide mounted to our solid aluminum anchors bars. That puts the fridge as low as possible, saves a good bit of $$ and leaves you with a full size drawer on the other side for ample storage.

Our drawer and all the system's material quality will run circles around Dobinsons all day. :)

Full extension, steel lock out. Keyed lock option, sleeper option, made in USA, etc...

-Andy
720-335-5991
Andy, what would a single drawer in your base material with a fridge slide price out to?

One land shark. Had to fabricate anchors. It unlatches a tiny bit, but also relatches itself.
Light and keeps a bunch of stuff out of sight.
Last I checked LS was out of business, but aid order again.

Thanks.

Here's another question regarding everyone's drawer setup.
I have a Dometic 75L fridge, that has an access height of 17". If I mount this on a drawer system (Dobinsons for example), that is 10" high, then this puts it at 27".
My LX 570 with AHC in the low position puts the rear floor height at 30" or so, which means that the fridge access is at 57", which is at chin height for my wife.

In your experience, is this access height too inconvenient for camping use?
Also considering single drawer and mounted fridge slider for this reason (less storage).

I decided to just post this up publicly instead of PM. I hate it when vendors keep pricing a mystery, so let's just post it up!

Single drawer 200 series, birch top surface, standard lock in lock out drawer: $1749.99 as of 8-4-2023. Install is free if you can get to us in Colorado. Shipping would be ~$150 for the lower 48 in the US.

That includes full width anchor bars which are a great mounting point for fridge slides. We don't sell just a fridge slide, but there are tons out there. You'd want one that consumes less than half the cargo width so that it fits beside our drawer.

Keyed lock could be added to the drawer, as could our ever-popular sleeper panels. Richlite upgrade is also an option.

Let us know if these options pique your interest and we'll get you an emailed quote you can use for purchase. info@airdowngearup.com

Example in a 100:
1691164120335.png

Here's a 200 with a MASSIVE 95L fridge/freezer next to a single drawer:
1691164263422.png

Picked up a few scuffs on the trekboxx when I tossed a 3 ton jack on its side on top of them. The paint is tough, but not indestructible 😂. I emailed David and he sent out some fresh paint when I ordered the fridge side in-fill panel.

I’m OCD about rattles and had some chatter from the drawers, so I added tension screws and now they’re silent to my ears. My wife would say they were silent all along.

They’re built heavy duty and are working like the day I bought them. That said they’re heavy, and I’m always keeping an eye out to see if something else would suit me better, but so far, I’d do them again.

Four-year-old drawers:

IMG_2345.jpeg

Finally got the 200 in a photo so the forum police don’t arrest me for being a 4Runner imposter. 😂

Last edited:
I got Front Runner drawers early on as they were the only thing available at the time. I'm seriously contemplating changing to a Goose Gear setup, which would allow me to sell my drop-down fridge slide and possibly the drawers as well. They always worked well, except they never locked. What I really want is somewhere to put a Travel Buddy oven.

I have used Front Runner, Goose Gear, and ARB drawers.

Front runner is horrible as dust/crud builds up in the ball bearings and because the drawers are metal they are heavy and rattle
Goose gear is by far my favorite and is strong and light enough and their drawer slides are EXTREMLY heavy duty. Brian (the owner did a demo for me where he tried to break it)
ARB, which I am currently running in my 200 series is great as well I just which the openings were full open. Instead you lose about half an inch on the side of each drawer.

I've got ARBs in my 100, Trekboxx Alpha in the 200.

ARBs are going on 10 years old with some rough off road use, super heavy loads in them, hard hits, lots of washboards, body torsion etc. still 100% functional and quiet. Dislike the wing lids but they do let you use full capacity over hinged lids. Roller floor makes drawer locks completely useless since they don't lock and a thief could just roll the floor out of the way and pluck stuff from the back.

Trekboxx are nice (system came with the truck) but don't have a lot of use with them. Only complaints there are the fridge tray rattles with a heavy 60L ARB Elements fridge. Needs an adjustable bump stop designed in. Hinged wing lids can make loading larger stuff approaching the width of the cubby difficult. Appreciate the cage system that allows a shelf above the fridge but hate not having the ability to load longer 2nd/3rd row length stuff on the passenger side. I wish the mesh on that side was removable. I had to cut a big corner off the pop up table in the under-fridge drawer to be able to open it without also pulling the fridge slide out. Frdge + drawer double extended to full length is a lot of cantilevered weight. Seems to be handling it, but I worry about it longer term. An adjustable drop down support leg would be a nice option.

ADGU with 36k miles and 53 nights on the sleeper platform since installing them a year ago. Lots of these miles are off-road here in Utah and the drawers remain rattle free. I drove out to Colorado and had them do the install and checked out the shop, great dudes. I've seen just about all of the competitors at expos or out on the trails, I'd buy ADGU again tomorrow without hesitation.

Now I just need to buy a slide out table or 2 to truly complete the setup when I decide to leave the trailer at home.

Roller floor makes drawer locks completely useless since they don't lock and a thief could just roll the floor out of the way and pluck stuff from the back.

Roller floors have a lock. Not a keyed lock, but still a lock to prevent what you are describing.

I'll have to look into that. Seemed such a glaring oversight that I'm not surprised. Must be a toggle somewhere. Never really concerned me that much.
It's underneath, you open the drawer and reach in to flip the lock lever. I had no idea either, had my drawers for over a year before I found it by accident.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom