Gunner Kennel + Drawer System - Will it Fit? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm in the process of picking up another 200 and plan to add a drawer system - ARB or Dobinsons. Only reservation is that I have a dog kennel - Gunner Intermediate - that I need to fit on top. Does anyone have measurements of the space between the top of the drawer and the roof of a 200? Thank you!

IMG_6724.png

Your drawer height might matter, but you should have plenty of room. I have a single drawer on one side that's ~11" tall and IIRC I have ~35" above the drawer, maybe more. The trunk is >40" deep and the hatch itself is >48" wide where it meets the tailgate so you should be fine.

If you don't want to deal with a kennel and/or if you need a cargo divider, you might consider getting the center divider, 3rd row attic, and 3rd row divider from Kaon. I do that and my dog stays contained to the driver's side drawer area. (cooler fits nicely on the passenger's side). The height of the center divider is adjustable by about 6", and they have a few different sizes if your drawer height varies too much. Reference pic.

1697202898843.png

Make a cardboard box of the same height as the drawers, then make another box of the same height as the kennel, and actually insert both into the trunk to verify fitment. There are lots of curves and other details that may affect fitment.

My brother has an ARB drawer system with a RuffLand Kennels large kennel that he can get on top of it. He has to put it backwards (door facing front) and he got the special one that slopes at the back to fit in SUVs better.

Your drawer height might matter, but you should have plenty of room. I have a single drawer on one side that's ~11" tall and IIRC I have ~35" above the drawer, maybe more. The trunk is >40" deep and the hatch itself is >48" wide where it meets the tailgate so you should be fine.

If you don't want to deal with a kennel and/or if you need a cargo divider, you might consider getting the center divider, 3rd row attic, and 3rd row divider from Kaon. I do that and my dog stays contained to the driver's side drawer area. (cooler fits nicely on the passenger's side). The height of the center divider is adjustable by about 6", and they have a few different sizes if your drawer height varies too much. Reference pic.

View attachment 3454650
This is awesome. I've wanted something like this that could separate a single passenger in the 3rd row from gear. Can you still get a passenger in that seat?

This is awesome. I've wanted something like this that could separate a single passenger in the 3rd row from gear. Can you still get a passenger in that seat?
Passenger seat works just fine, that is why I installed in this manner. I wouldn't have bothered with a divider but my dog kept deciding to plop down in the lap of whatever kid was in that seat. Only thing I had to do was to replace most of the allen-keyed bolts with thumb knobs so that I can install/remove the whole thing in about 5 minutes without tools whenever I need to run to Home Depot

I'm in the process of picking up another 200 and plan to add a drawer system - ARB or Dobinsons. Only reservation is that I have a dog kennel - Gunner Intermediate - that I need to fit on top. Does anyone have measurements of the space between the top of the drawer and the roof of a 200? Thank you!

View attachment 3454595
I have a 2015 LX with a 9" high set of TufBox drawers that came out of a police K-9 unit. I use the same crate you do. The crate just fits. I don't think it would go in if the drawers were an inch higher.

View attachment 3454650
What’s the headroom in the 3rd row like with the shelf? I’d imagine not ideal.

What’s the headroom in the 3rd row like with the shelf? I’d imagine not ideal.
My youngest is 5’ and would barely fit with it in place so if I want to use the 3rd row divider I have to attach the top mount to the 2nd row divider, not the shelf. He doesn’t love the setup anyway because essentially he’s caged in the trunk and has to lay the 3rd row flat, climb over it, and set it back upright each time he wants in and out.

Ultimately I only install the dividers and shelf when needed because it will rattle a bit over time, especially over bumps. Loosening and retightening the bolts/knobs fixes that but I have to do it every few weeks. I purchased some knobs and thumb screws to make quick work of removing/installing without any tools. There’s really no perfect divider solution for people who want to use half the 3rd row as you’d really need a “half” setup, which wouldn’t mount very sturdy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom