How are you guys locking your arb awnings (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello guys! Been searching and cannot find an answer. I just installed a 2500x2500 arb awning to the stock roof rails, and It just came to my realization how easy it is to steal this awning? As i do go on random trips weekly, i find it very inconvenient to mount and dismount each time while weaking the bolts as well.

So how are you guys locking it up from theft?! Any ideas?! Thanks!

I’ve had an awning mounted on another vehicle for a few years. Have traveled all over the lower 48 with it. I’ve never had an issue. I’m pretty sure most folks with bad intention have no idea what it is anyway. They probably think it’s a contraption to store pipe/sprinkler parts.

I have an eezi awn awning, not sure if setup is the same, but I use security nuts. Havent had it long though.

My 100 has had an ARB awning with the Gamiviti quick release brackets, and have never had any issues.

That said, the brackets are sweet and might be just what you are looking for!

Click on AWNING BRACKETS

anyone with experience with Barri Nuts? Are all size 10mm nuts pretty much universal or the have different pitches?

I'm looking to mount these on the nuts for the arb t bolts that it came with.

Screenshot_20191202-230453_Samsung Internet.jpg

ARB makes a quick disconnect mount which I use, so then it's only a couple minutes to reinstall it or uninstall it.

It has held up well on the trails, and it's really easy to use.

Here is a pic.

This key'd nuts you have pictured above is what ARB gives you to lock the spare tire on the rear tire swing out.

IMG_20191203_084623[1].jpg

also the 10mm nut is near the size of a 12mm lug nut .. it's not m10 which is what the awning is.

in the garage I use ladder hooks to hold it up on the wall.

anyone with experience with Barri Nuts? Are all size 10mm nuts pretty much universal or the have different pitches?

I'm looking to mount these on the nuts for the arb t bolts that it came with.

The M10 refers to the threaded section diameter, not the head size. You'd actually be looking for M6. You could also do 1/4" by sanding two opposing sides of the hex head down a little so they fit in the slot. That's what I did. That will probably also open up some doors for a bigger variety of tamper resistant hardware.

All that said, I give one more vote for no security hardware. I'm not really worried about losing my awning and unless a thief saw the tamper resistant hardware and just moved along, the damage they could do to the side of the rig or roof rack wrenching or prying on it would outweigh the value of the awning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom