Homemade stock-like gauge pod... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I like my truck looking like it came to me - I'm just fussy like that - so here is my solution for getting some extra gauges into the dashboard. I also don't like adding holes, nor did I want to lose or ruin my radio blanking plate... sooooo....

I'll let the pictures do the work...

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

I wish I had 1/4 of your MacGyver-ness. That looks pretty damn sweet. Can you mold a whole cruiser tub from your homemade mold? :D

Ah, mold-making silicone. Just what every cruiserhead needs. :cheers:

Last edited:
Fantastic.

What did you use to attach the new faceplate to the hinge, and did you reinforce it with anything?

Amazing Drew!

:hmm: If only I had my milling gear computer-controlled.

very cool!

I'm working at a place that has a 4'x8' cnc machine. Other than new speaker covers and gauge cluster, I need to figure out what to make before I move on to a better job. Your project just gave me a couple of good ideas...

wow is right.....damn nice job

Wow. Would you be willing to make another, for a fee of course? I'm a willing customer.

I'm hoping to add some real guages as well and wanted to hide them where the radio used to be but have nothing near the skill to do something like that.

Really, really impressive.

What kind of CNC is that? I have a MaxNC Model 15 and love it. Great for making small and medium sized parts.

I think you need to offer that entire setup for sale. That is cool as hell.

I want one!! Damn nice job!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom