Homemade stock-like gauge pod... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

holy gauges in the ash tray amazing!

Very clean, I'm liking it a lot! I think someone could open a nice side business.

That's pretty damn cool! I was worried for the first few pics. Wasn't sure where where you were going with it, but that's one of the best ideas I've seen on a Cruiser dash in a long time.

You Piss Me Off:mad:

:p

soooo jeaaallllouuusss of your skills, patience, and craftsmanship. I feel so ghetto fab(rication).

You are a boneifide pimp daddy. Pretty damn cool there man.

:clap:

There is no doubt in my mind that one of our addiction vendors would buy quantities of that piece. Hell, if !Oy had a radio hole I would want one now!

You should contact Cruiser Outfitters, or someone and at least offer them the program code for the metal pieces. They could have them made in quantity. ;)

Excellent....

:clap:

There is no doubt in my mind that one of our addiction vendors would buy quantities of that piece. Hell, if !Oy had a radio hole I would want one now!

You should contact Cruiser Outfitters, or someone and at least offer them the program code for the metal pieces. They could have them made in quantity. ;)

Excellent....

yeah...I am going to second this idea. I think Georg Esterer at Valley Hybrids (orangefj45) could make this happen for you. Really nice fabrication.....

Well, you really stirred the pot this time. Look at all of the extra work you've created for yourself. Seriously tho, sell the template to georg or whoever so they can make these. I want one .

GREAT JOB!!!

Very nice work and idea. I would buy one in a heartbeat.

wow! thanks for the kind words guys! I didn't expect this one to be so popular. :D

What kind of CNC is that? I have a MaxNC Model 15 and love it. Great for making small and medium sized parts.

Thats a Harbor Freight "micro mill" which I retrofitted for CNC operation. I added thrust bearings and tight spring washers to take up backlash and turned the leadscrews down to fit the spider coupling for my steppers. I had to add a gas spring to support the head, which was a bit too heavy for my steppers to move reliably, even with a 3:1 reduction belt on the Z axis stepper. Steppers came from ebay, all the mounting hardware I made myself, power supply is a 42V job from a garden pond pump, and the driver board was a $100 kit. :hillbilly:

As for making more - back when I made my FJ40 tent (Pop-out FJ40 tent) I did a lot of legwork trying to find a way to make more and when I finally had everything set up... no one bought any!! Maybe my price was wrong, I dunno, but I'm a little shy. That said, my knob empire (Custom Knobs) has funded all of my beer for the last couple months, and I'd like to try some more expensive beers, like Budweiser or something, so perhaps this is worth a try...

How do you guys feel about $60 for the bracket and faceplate, or $100 (editted 3/14) for the whole thing, including mechanical water temp, oil pressure, and voltmeter?

Last edited:
Where do I send the check?

I'd pay that.

Thats nice work, I used my radio cut out for extra storage.
Copy of 000_0081.jpg

I'm leaving in an hour to take my gauge pod on 10 day shakedown roadtrip so I'll be in low-communication mode for a bit :D

If you'd like a pod, email/PM me and I'll send you my address for the check or email for paypal. I'll start building pods when I get back on the 23rd.

One thing I didn't mention - installation is not user friendly, you're going to have to remove the ashtray to reach in and grab the nut on that side. Its possible, but a pain in the ass - at least you only have to do it once.... I'll look into a captive nut or something.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom