Hobart 210 and 150-Advice Needed from the Pros (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

davework

Cruiser Hardware: OverlandMetric.com
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
www.overlandmetric.com
Posted this in the Hobart 210 Thread, but thought it might be buried in there.

Does anyone have one of these? I've been waiting for a good HH 210 MVP, MM 180, or 211 to pop up, but just got a line on a Hobart 210 for $550. Looks brand new in the pics. Seems like a lot of welder for the price. Just the welder and some gauges for a bottle, but no other equipment.

I am considering holding out for a MVP, but not for any real reason except it'd make it more flexible and valuable to be able to take from my garage to anywhere else. Not sure how much I'd do this, but it's my first welder, so I'm not really sure how much I'd do anything.

Will be using it for bodywork mostly, but want the capability to do some fabrication, so been waiting for a 220V unit.

He also has a HH 150 for $280, also seems like a real good deal?

Can get both for $800.

What do you guys think?

Buy the HH210 only. MVP feature is nice, but not needed.

Thanks Charles, is $550 a good price? You still think the 210 is a good unit now that it's been around for a while and had a chance to show any flaws?

Things I should look for to make sure it all works?

Is the 150 just no good at all? Thinking about a another 220V unit for a secondary location.

Thanks Charles, is $550 a good price? You still think the 210 is a good unit now that it's been around for a while and had a chance to show any flaws?

Things I should look for to make sure it all works?

Is the 150 just no good at all? Thinking about a another 220V unit for a secondary location.

Hobart Handler 150 was made in the 1990's. Totally different machine from the Hobart Handler 187/190/210 from performance perspective. The HH 187/190/210 has been designed to give you very forgiving and nice arc.

$550 is a good price if it is in good condition. The cheapest one I see on fleabay is $879 shipped.
There should not be any flaws in this line of Hobart welders. They're well made and will work well for you.

Plug the welder in and see it is will strike an arc. You can do this without shielding gas. Yes, the bead will look terrible, but it will at least tell you it works. Try out the wire speed to make sure it works.

Ask the seller for the serial # of the unit and call 1-877-HOBART1 to see if there is any warranty left.

If you're out of warranty, don't worry about it. Not much to go wrong on a welder.

Perfect, thanks.

Have an opinion on the 150 at all, or maybe your previous post to pass on it was all I need to know...

Pass on the Hobart 150.

For your second welder at another location, I'd look for another used deal, but look for a full size welder such as:
Millermatic 200, 210/212, 251/252 or Hobart Ironman 230. Esab and Lincoln also makes nice welders. Just stay away from chinese made pos junk.

Last edited:
Sunday I bought the exact same welder for $600 and felt I got a pretty good deal. Sounds like you did even better.

Non MVP, box and gun. Havent had time to use it yet other than trying it out before I bought it.

I guess it also came with wire and the gas regulator

I also have a mm130. Don't plan on using it much anymore.

Last edited:
Hobart 210 and Millermatic 210 are basically the same like Buick and Chevrolet , just different packaging.They are both great , you will not make mistake with any of them . Buy with confidence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom