HJ75/HZJ75/78 Long Ranger Water Tanks in the US? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I don't know about availability but I am wondering if these are appropriate for freezing temperatures. Is there a risk of rupture? Or having to replace freeze plugs?

I would like to do something similar but not sure if it is a good idea for some of the places I travel.

I don't know about availability but I am wondering if these are appropriate for freezing temperatures. Is there a risk of rupture? Or having to replace freeze plugs?

I would like to do something similar but not sure if it is a good idea for some of the places I travel.

I wouldn't worry about it. I live at 7200' and it was 5º this morning. Stainless won't rupture. Plastic will.

Hi John,

I bought that same tank direct from Long Ranger a couple years ago . They were hard to come by then, but I was able to snag one. It does bolt direct to the stiffener rails on the underside of the body and no need to re-route brake cables or (stock) exhaust.

I also have a Thornburns 40.5 liter tank behind the rear fuel tank. Liam at Thornburns is great to work with too. 40.5L Troopcarrier Water Tank - Thorburns - https://thorburns.com.au/product/40-5l-troopcarrier-water-tank/.

If only one is needed, probably better to go with the Long Ranger and get weight forward of the rear axel.

Simon Dangerfield at CMS 4X4 said he has four of them coming in 4-5 weeks. If you haven't dealt with Simon yet, he is top notch. Like a Kurt Williams or Onur level dude🤙🏽

If you buy direct from Australia, make sure the shop doesn't charge you the GST tax. That will save you 10% AUD and isn't required when they export direct out of Oz.

Here's the link to the ATO (Aussie IRS) for the clause in their tax law as proof that they can waive the GST. Some shops that don't do a lot of exports, aren't aware they can waive the GST. Exports and GST | Australian Taxation Office - https://www.ato.gov.au/businesses-and-organisations/international-tax-for-business/australians-doing-business-overseas/exports-and-gst#

IMG_9920.JPG

IMG_9921.JPG

IMG_9914.JPG

IMG_9898.JPG

Simon at CMS 4X4 just messaged me and said two tanks just arrived this morning and are available.

Hey man! Thanks for this info! I'll probably hold off as it requires that I remove my buildout to attach the LR tank...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom