high oil pressure at start up (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This might be a really retarded question but im gonna ask it anyways...
a cpl weeks ago i noticed that when i start my 94 land cruiser the oil pressure goes up almost all the way to the "H" and stays up there until ive driven it around 15 or 20 minutes... and then after the first 20 minutes when I idle it goes a ways underneath the very middle marker on the gauge (dont seem to remember it doing this ever before)

I noticed this after i had my oil changed at Gateway Auto service (usually dont go there)...i checked the level of the oil and its fine.

its this normal or if its not whats wrong and what problems could it be causing driving it around like this..

Hey Bryan--

Can you give us some more information?

Specifically, what type of oil were you using before this unfortante experience with having someone else touch your rig... ( :flipoff2: )?

This will make a big difference in terms of what your oil pressure gauge will read (at least this is my understanding...oils I've tried:

M1 5w30
M1 10w30
Shell Rotella T Synthetic 5w40
Shell Rotella 15w40
Mobil Delvac 1200 15w40

All of these geave me different (sometimes slightly some times not) oil pressure readings.

Best.
-onur
Akron, OH

i got my oil changed again and the pressure went back to normal. no more staying at the "H" mark for the first 15 mins or so after start up

Could the oil that was previously put in (obviously the wrong kinda oil ) have harmed my engine or reduced its life?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom