Oil pressure switch (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I've been going through our "new to us" 1994 LC and replacing/repairing anything mechanical. Today was diagnose and repair the inoperable oil pressure gauge. I found that the sun harness has rotted off the oil pressure sender. Toyota part number 82221-60010-B is no longer available. Is this reproduction harness from "Snow Version" legit? FZJ80 FJ80 1FZ-FE EARLY TOYOTA Oil Pressure Sending Unit Sensor Switch Connector Wire SUB Harness Repair Kit DOUBLE Wire Type 82221-60010 1FZ-FE 8/92-1/96 - VintageTEqParts.com - https://vintageteqparts.com/products/copy-of-toyota-oil-pressure-sending-unit-sensor-switch-connector-wire-harness-repair-kit-single-wire-type?variant=39401832742997

Also where is the best place to order Genuine OEM Toyota parts? I found a superseded part number for the oil pressure sender under part number 83520-60011

Photos of my sub harness, I feel like I could crimp a new end on but it's so corroded it expanded the plastic clip that covers the terminal

IMG_4367.jpeg

IMG_4368.jpeg

IMG_4369.jpeg

Toyota is the best place to buy Toyota parts.

Check the part numbers against the current inventory; you can either call the dealer, which is the best way, or check ecommerce sites such as PartSouq or one of the North American dealership's sites, e.g. McGeorge Toyota in Richmond VA.

You may be able to reproduce the pigtail yourself. The connector housing parts numbers are 90980-XXXXX, where the suffix is embossed on the rear of the connector housing (see the Wiring Harness Repair Manual). Every connector is also listed at the end of the section for that circuit, in the Electrical Wiring Diagram (EWD) for each year model. Both documents are in the Resources section in the 80 series area. Do not buy the repair terminals listed in the Repair Manual; they are intended for dealer fixes; you want to do the job the right way.

Toyota does not sell the terminals separately, but many third party vendors do; Ballenger sells Sumitomo and Yazaki (OEM suppliers to Toyota) housings, terminals and seals.

If you have trouble finding all the information yourself, LMK and I'll pull the part numbers off of my '94 for you.

Toyota is the best place to buy Toyota parts.

Check the part numbers against the current inventory; you can either call the dealer, which is the best way, or check ecommerce sites such as PartSouq or one of the North American dealership's sites, e.g. McGeorge Toyota in Richmond VA.

You may be able to reproduce the pigtail yourself. The connector housing parts numbers are 90980-XXXXX, where the suffix is embossed on the rear of the connector housing (see the Wiring Harness Repair Manual). Every connector is also listed at the end of the section for that circuit, in the Electrical Wiring Diagram (EWD) for each year model. Both documents are in the Resources section in the 80 series area. Do not buy the repair terminals listed in the Repair Manual; they are intended for dealer fixes; you want to do the job the right way.

Toyota does not sell the terminals separately, but many third party vendors do; Ballenger sells Sumitomo and Yazaki (OEM suppliers to Toyota) housings, terminals and seals.

If you have trouble finding all the information yourself, LMK and I'll pull the part numbers off of my '94 for you.
Thank you! I don't have a computer only a phone so I've been having issues pulling up PDFs 🥲

Unless your phone is really big, it'll be very little help reading those manuals...may be time to invest?

1695566725964.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom