High idle speed question (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What is the possibility of Toyota using an SAE thread considering that every single other fastener is metric?
Good question, but that's what the screws were that I removed on my truck. And it is what works to secure the IAC on the throttle body. It runs great and the problem is solved so I don't care after that.

Last edited:
I had the same problem on my 97, fixed by replacing Coolant Temperature Sensor (middle one located above oil filter).

Bringing this back. I need a new IAC valve and there is different part numbers for different years. To start I have a 94. Part number for 94 is B000EQA460. Part number for others is 2227066011. My question is will the 2227066011 work on my 94? It's half the price of the other and much easier to find.

The newer version of the IAC works on the earlier 1FZ-FE engines. I run the newer one on my '94 for the same reasons you state.

The fasteners are JIS not Phillips. Using the correct bit or driver would save people a lot of headaches.

The newer version of the IAC works on the earlier 1FZ-FE engines. I run the newer one on my '94 for the same reasons you state.

The fasteners are JIS not Phillips. Using the correct bit or driver would save people a lot of headaches.
agreed, I stripped the screw head not realizing that JIS even existed, what a pain.

Also, as the OP says, don't forget to order the o-ring. It is a separate part that doesn't come with a new IAC. I believe it is 90079-60004

I learned about JIS fasteners working on Japanese motorcycles wondering why my screw heads kept getting damaged. School of hard knocks.

I had the same problem on my 97, fixed by replacing Coolant Temperature Sensor (middle one located above oil filter).
Do you have a part number for that? Mine has a round connector, all the ones I see online are square.

IMG_6401.jpg

IMG_6402.jpg

looks like the temp sensor changed in 98 to the rectangular connector commonly found online, the 97 part is 9697LX4 60050, or 88790-60050, they look to be identical. Of course double the price and the only place I could find it was on ebay.

Last edited:
Any Toyota dealer should be able to get that sensor (88790-60050) for you.

looks like the temp sensor changed in 98 to the rectangular connector commonly found online, the 97 part is 9697LX4 60050, or 88790-60050, they look to be identical. Of course double the price and the only place I could find it was on ebay.
I could be wrong, but if it is US delivery, the '98 part would be on the v8 uzj in the 100 series. Makes sense that it would have a different connector.

What is the possibility of Toyota using an SAE thread considering that every single other fastener is metric?
Zero, some DIY hack put the wrong bolt in. The onyl SAE bolt I have found on the cruiser from factory is the seatbelt tie-in bolts which I think are due to NHTSA

I didn't’ read every entry of this thread. The title said it all to me!
I had high idle issues with my 1997 and solved it by changing out the engine coolant temperature sensor.
This part # is correct. Toyotas description is wrong…….
Maybe this is helpful?

IMG_4045.jpeg

IMG_0077.jpeg

I didn't’ read every entry of this thread. The title said it all to me!
I had high idle issues with my 1997 and solved it by changing out the engine coolant temperature sensor.
This part # is correct. Toyotas description is wrong…….
Maybe this is helpful?

View attachment 3607050

View attachment 3607051
yup, thats the part I bought. It seems to level out the high idle a bit but still seems to stay in the 900-1000 range for too long. Eventually it goes to 640, usually, sometimes not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom