hid lights 7" self contained

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by cruiserjunktion, Jun 18, 2005.

1. cruiserjunktion

cruiserjunktion Cruiserjunktion@gmail.com Supporting Vendor GOLD Star

Albums:
    Too bad the housing is so fugly. Won't catch these on my 40.. I am looking for used 98+ Mark8 Lincoln HID oem stuff. (bulbs, ballasts, solenoids, wires) I plan on modifing a 7" housing for the bulbs. Better Quality lower cost.

2. chuglife

chuglife

well, it DOES say that its a customizable bezel... could probably make something up to look alright.

3. Advent

Advent

What does it use for a high beam?

4. paranoid56

paranoid56

well, the problem with converting a standard 7" headlight is that it wont focus the light pattern corectly, and you will blind oncoming traffic. if you want to do it properly i would use that kit. i think this is the one they are selling, still butt ugly, but better. i would just paint the surround black or something. oh, and a little pricy at almost 800 for a pair.
    [​IMG]

5. Advent

Advent

$800 for a pair of decently designed HID lights is a good deal. I see they have a Phillips kit for $1200 that does the same thing but looks a bit different (still ugly). Here's to hoping they come down in price!

I noticed that the bezel is also available in black. That should clear up some of the ugly.

Does anyone think some light guards would fit over these things? I don't want to imagine a rock chipping one!

Edit: And DO NOT modify your housings or use a retrofit kit that uses an incandescent reflector. If you do that, I really really hope a rock 'accidently' goes through both your lights, which would conviniently stop you from blinding other drivers.

If you can't tell, I don't sugar coat being really pissed off at the assholes that do that dangerous and stupid conversion. It's like running a Z'd drag link. DON'T DO IT!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.