Hi! Noob here!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi folks! I've just picked up a 1994 LC with 240,xxx on the clock! I'm going through her and I'm still getting used to her!!! She's a joy to drive!! I don't mind getting my hands dirty so, I'm going to get really involved with maintaining her myself. Coming from Range Rovers, the trouble spots with these rigs are Heaven compared to Rover's issues! I look forward to being a productive member here!!!

Hi folks! I've just picked up a 1994 LC with 240,xxx on the clock! I'm going through her and I'm still getting used to her!!! She's a joy to drive!! I don't mind getting my hands dirty so, I'm going to get really involved with maintaining her myself. Coming from Range Rovers, the trouble spots with these rigs are Heaven compared to Rover's issues! I look forward to being a productive member here!!!

Congrats! :flipoff2:

Now start being a productive member and produce some pics! :lol:

I went to google images and searched for "her". Wow, she looks awesome!!

Welcome. :cheers:

Howdy! Welcome aboard. We hear that a lot from Rover converts, but while you were there, did ya ever hear that the other way around? Thatsomeone had shwitched because Rovers were SO much easier/better whatever to work on? John

retrofive Thanks bro!!! that's funny I could have sworn that I've posted her pic...hmmmm
crikeymike Great I'm glad that you think so!! Thank bro!!!
inkpot Thanks for the welcome!!! You know what...I've never heard anything of that nature lol!!!
ToyotaDon Thanks for the welcome bro!!!

Welcome:flipoff2: get ready to sleep on the coach:cheers:

retrofive Thanks bro!!! that's funny I could have sworn that I've posted her pic...hmmmm
crikeymike Great I'm glad that you think so!! Thank bro!!!
inkpot Thanks for the welcome!!! You know what...I've never heard anything of that nature lol!!!
ToyotaDon Thanks for the welcome bro!!!

Too many 'bro' comments. Now post the pics!

And welcome aboard! :flipoff2:

How's this?!!!!
photo(2).jpg
photo.jpg

Looks like mine.... 94 and that "emerald green" color, I think is what it's called.

Maintenance #1 - remove side steps....
Maintenance #2 - Baseline it. ie: see FAQ.

Baseline that baby up

Nice rig, get her properly lubed up, full of some new fluids, and help her loose some weight!

Welcome,
Jeremy

Thanks again for the welcome fellas!!! The PO baselined her before selling!! The only thing I will do is deal with the CEL and I'm getting her codes today!!!! And I will inspect the PHH!!! Right now I'm going through the forums to get a more familiar feel for this 80!!!! I live in NYC so when I visit my friends in PA, I'll wheel her something nice in the mountains!!!! I like her just the way she is with running boards and all...besides my girl will kill me if I remove them LOL!!! She's only 5'6 and she already needs a ladder to get in with them on even with holding on to the OH s*** HANDLES inside on the A-pillar!!!!

You think your woman has it bad.. I removed mine and my wife is only 5' tall hahaha.

I told her it gave me more motivation for rock sliders which are about a month away yet :)

Sweet. No roof rack? bonus :)

timer00 LOL!!!That's a good way to git 'er done!!!
retrofive there seemed to be a rack there before because the rail/gutters are bent at certain points. I think that I'll dolly them as straight that I can get them. Apparently it affects handling according to posts I've read so I'll leave them off!!!

timer00 LOL!!!That's a good way to git 'er done!!!
retrofive there seemed to be a rack there before because the rail/gutters are bent at certain points. I think that I'll dolly them as straight that I can get them. Apparently it affects handling according to posts I've read so I'll leave them off!!!

I was commenting on the lack of factory rack (bolt-on the top) that folks typically remove and have to patch up (they cause rust up there).

I did notice the gutter warpage, so yes looks like some aftermarket rack was installed and possible overweighted at some point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom