Hey I’m the F. N. G. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

If you want more photos just ask!
Here she is just sitting, rusting away
8FA12118-68BE-41E3-A9C8-7D054FE2073B.jpeg
EB42957C-2C2F-4FAF-8802-820885AB7826.jpeg

5E1FDD8E-67B6-4C20-81D7-0849C8B962C0.jpeg

Looks like a very nice base to start with. Diamond plate may be covering rust or just added for protection. It was actually done years ago. It was a jeep think. The piece under the back doors could be a bad sign it's hiding rust.

Welcome to Mud.

Make sure you check out the search function. There will be answers to many of your questions. There is a lot of expertise on this site. It never ceases to amaze me how many can answer some of the most obtuse questions.

Check out the Clubhouse section for your local club.

Start planning for your Rubithon trip. It is great to experience the Rubicon Trail with your fellow TLCA members.
Thanks. I just joined the TLCA this week. Gotta get her running first. And get then get the ugly Raider color off her so she looks presentable. ;)

Looks like a very nice base to start with. Diamond plate may be covering rust or just added for protection. It was actually done years ago. It was a jeep think. The piece under the back doors could be a bad sign it's hiding rust.
There wasn’t any rust from behind or in the tub from the sill. But who knows what lurks!

Is this a good thing? Only in 73 they came with reverse lights? (Joking!)

I’m not a purist, so was this an original style?

68-72 had a smaller light that was flush with the tub. 74 tail lights changed to a rectangular style that included reverse light and amber turn signal. The light was only used on the 73 model.

Never heard it referred as a King Kong light. Neighbor kids broke the lens off the one from my 73 that I had on my 68. Wish I would have replaced the lens. Think it was still available at the time. Bought a replacement off eBay that no one else bid on. It was advertised as a Toyota fog light for $10. Probably the easiest way to recognize a 73 is the reverse light.
So is it?
B6DA2799-0482-4BA1-B3D3-B2CFC01F2B9B.jpeg

Nice looking truck a little love and that thing will be crusin!

I am also in San Ramon . I am a novice at best but for information and help you have come to the right place. If it wasn’t for this forum I probably wouldn’t be able to own a cruiser. This place has a wealth of information.
Give me a shout I can come by and talk Cruiser’s . I’m over snob hill. Market place

I am also in San Ramon . I am a novice at best but for information and help you have come to the right place. If it wasn’t for this forum I probably wouldn’t be able to own a cruiser. This place has a wealth of information.
Give me a shout I can come by and talk Cruiser’s . I’m over snob hill. Market place
Nice man. I’m about 1/2 mile down alcosta. I’m hoping a few more reply, I talked to the guys at SOR and he was telling me the carb should be alright so long as the gasket is intact...

Nice looking 40!
When /if you need any electrical stuff like wire/connectors/fusible links see my web site in my sig line...
Thanks. I think I might take you up on a lot and may even need your expertise on things. Do you make wiring harnesses? Lots of my connectors are cracking. Otherwise the machine is pretty straight with much less than average rust! Not to boast but I think I got the FJ40 steal of the century!

That interior is great! Nice 40 to make your own, enough stuff to do, yet very clean. I have a 73 as my daily driver, no King Kong though, so if you must send it to me, I understand. Cheers!

I do make wiring harnesses but.... currently there is a list of over 21 harnesses to be built or refurbished. I work a full time day job and can only work on harnesses in the evenings and on weekends. Plus I shut down wiring work from March through September due to traveling for my day job during that period. Translated, that means it could be a while before I could work on your harness...

I do make wiring harnesses but.... currently there is a list of over 21 harnesses to be built or refurbished. I work a full time day job and can only work on harnesses in the evenings and on weekends. Plus I shut down wiring work from March through September due to traveling for my day job during that period. Translated, that means it could be a while before I could work on your harness...
I should be able to live with what I have fir now! What’s your store link?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom