Hey I’m the F. N. G. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Welcome! Looks like a great start!

My suggestion with the carb: call up Marks Offroad and get a replacement one from him. While that crack is above the butterflies and probably won't affect how the vehicle runs, it will be letting in unfiltered air, and who knows, it could cause some phantom issues down the road, so best bet would be to get a replacement carburetor.

Next is fuel, air, spark. Sounds like it can get air and spark because it ran for a bit, but may not be getting fuel. There is a window on the front of the carburetor, and you should be able to see the fuel level around halfway up the sight glass. If that is not the case then I would start by figuring that out, whether fuel pump issue or something else. As a test you could pull off the fuel line, crank the engine, and the fuel pump should pump the fuel into a bucket you have laying by.

If you do have fuel in the fuel bowl behind the sight glass, then you can do some checks to make sure the fuel is getting down the carburetor. You can try pressing the accelerator and checking for a strong stream of fuel into the carburetor throat. This will indicate that the accelerator pump circuit is in good shape and not blocked.

The other thing that needs to work is the idle circuit solenoid valve. You should have a wire going to a solenoid on the top backside of the carb. When you turn the power on you should hear a "click" coming from this solenoid, which opens up the idle fuel circuit and allows fuel to flow through the carb at idle. I wonder with the fire if that solenoid wire is gone.

Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom