Hey good looking....what you got cooking? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

One of my favorite diet dishes has been a cabbage, onion, and andouille sausage similar recipe. Mighty good

Breakfast cupcakes:

AD9EC238-8C9A-421B-866E-A2FC4C0227E0.jpeg

3845F311-3886-4E75-AFF2-D6EBEB87097E.jpeg

848EE090-E71C-4D4A-BB22-F3673EE179CA.jpeg

336AC161-29BE-4EB5-B9EA-9B43AEA7CCA7.jpeg

Oh great. Now I'm craving breakfast at 10:30 at night. Those look sooooooo guuuuuud!

I could eat breakfast three times a day.

What I call browned snap beans and shiitakes (toasted sesame oil with a bit of bacon drippings) and chix breasts skillet fried in butter with Chinese five-spice and Japanese togorarashi pepper.
9FDEB56C-2119-4FF3-A737-5976B2288FDF.jpeg

Steak n taters last night with Ricks famous green beans ;)

IMG_4782.JPG

Looks good. Details of the cook?
I do them like ribs, I think they are referred to as burnt ends or burnt tops usually when done like this. This was 2 lbs of pork belly. I cut them into cubes and sprinkled a good bit of dry rub (used Uncle Bobs, brown sugar based so a little sweet but still a good flavor, not salty) all over. Then I put them into the smoker for 2 hours directly on the top grate (hottest grate in mine, reverse flow smoker) Then I wrapped them in foil and added some more dry rub and they went another 2 hours. The I poured the juice out of the foil and cooked them uncovered (but still in foil) for about another 30 mins. Then I brought them inside and poured some Hoover Sauce on and stuck them under the broiler for 5 mins.

I was battling heat a bit, was using a new type/brand of charcoal and was struggling to keep temp at even 200. So I ended up running to Kroger after and hour and buying some kings ford Apple wood and mixed that in and got temps up around 225-240 that way.

Oh man. Do i have time to get there?!?

Have an elk loin planned but not sure the smoker temps will fair well at 13 degrees .... me either for that matter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom