Hey good looking....what you got cooking?

Bomar

We need a place to share what we are cooking.

I will start in it off.

Like Sir - mix - alot stated....I like big butts and I can't lie.

Here is a 8lb'r. Going on tonight for some eats tomorrow and this weekend.

First time doing a long smoke. I am guessing about 2 hours per lb at 225 or so....have firebox full with big pieces ready to fire off later tonight to cook through the night.

Attachments

fj40charles

GOLD Star

That is some good looking meat. What kind of wood are you using for flavoring?

Bomar

Hickory that was cut down 4 months ago... I enjoy the taste and availability that I have. If anyone needs any please let me know. I had to remove about 4 smaller hickory's in the yard.

First time using this thermometer dealio I got off amazon.

BTW MS guys TX has prime brisket at Costco for $3.89 a lb... Memphis doesn't have it but BR and NOLA does.

Attachments

fountainhead

SILVER Star

11 hours seems quick for 8 lbs. Did it have a bone? What temp did you pull it at?

Looks awesome though!

Bomar

I thought so also. This one didn't have a bone. I pulled it at over 190. I was not very successful with my temp control....my digital thermometer was about 40 degrees warmer from front of Kamato. About 2 o'clock the temp in grill started going down so I opened up the vents a bit and temp climbed to about 300 so higher than I wanted. Next time I will turn house door beeps off to keep the wife a little happier with me going in and out. Also smaller and more hickory chunks.

Last edited:

wngrog

SILVER Star

I want to slow cook some pork tenderloins this weekend.

Granted, they are awesome seared then cooked normally but I want to try something different on the Egg.

Any thoughts?

Top Bottom