Heritage edition wheels (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi so I got a set of heritage edition wheels on my 2017 land cruiser yesterday and wanted to ask a couple of questions for anyone else who has managed to get these wheels :

1. Are the heritage edition wheels supposed to come with the Toyota center caps? Mine did not. I’m checking with the dealer why but wondered if anyone else’s did.

2. Do the heritage edition wheels come with black lug nuts? The dealer just reused my existing silver ones - should I have expected new black lugs to come with the wheels ?

Pictures of the wheels installed attached.

Also my TPMS sensors are not working on the new wheels and tires. Tried hitting the TPMS reset button under the steering wheel but that didn’t fix it either. Not sure what the dealer did wrong. They installed 4 new TPMS sensors so they should be working.
9433684A-04DE-45FE-89CF-8F66463F314A.jpeg

Tpms sensors have unique ids. If the dealer didn’t use techstream to replace the previous ids, the new ones won’t register. They could have used non oem tpms, which have programmable ids and cloned the previous IDs, but if so it would be working.

The covers and lugs are definitely different parts. If you didn't order them as well, then you wouldn't' have gotten them.

Hi so I got a set of heritage edition wheels on my 2017 land cruiser yesterday and wanted to ask a couple of questions for anyone else who has managed to get these wheels :

1. Are the heritage edition wheels supposed to come with the Toyota center caps? Mine did not. I’m checking with the dealer why but wondered if anyone else’s did.

2. Do the heritage edition wheels come with black lug nuts? The dealer just reused my existing silver ones - should I have expected new black lugs to come with the wheels ?

Also my TPMS sensors are not working on the new wheels and tires. Tried hitting the TPMS reset button under the steering wheel but that didn’t fix it either. Not sure what the dealer did wrong. They installed 4 new TPMS sensors so they should be working.View attachment 2878162
1. No
2. No

Find out what kind of TPMS sensors they used.

If original toyota, you need the sensor ID of each one. With that information you can use carista pro or techstream to reprogram your vehicle to receive info from those IDs. Toyota or pacific industries (denso reboxed usually) are not clonable, but last much longer and have less faults than the aftermarket parts.

If they used aftermarket clonable sensors, you’ll need someone to get your original IDs with a scanner, or use carista pro or techstream to read the IDs from the vehicle. Then someone with the correct TPMS programmer tool can clone the new sensors to your old IDs, and the vehicle interprets them as if they are the original ones. The catch with this is the old sensors need to stay a few hundred feet away from the vehicle or it will get confused by multiple readings from a given ID (the clone and the original)

Black lugs can be sourced.. search around in this section.

Edit: the TPMS reset button is merely to set a new default pressure into the computer. Stock is 33, but many other tires will need a different cold inflation pressure. If that new number is say 40psi, the old low pressure light trigger number won’t be correct anymore.

Find out what kind of TPMS sensors they used.

If original toyota, you need the sensor ID of each one. With that information you can use carista pro or techstream to reprogram your vehicle to receive info from those IDs. Toyota or pacific industries (denso reboxed usually) are not clonable, but last much longer and have less faults than the aftermarket parts.

If they used aftermarket clonable sensors, you’ll need someone to get your original IDs with a scanner, or use carista pro or techstream to read the IDs from the vehicle. Then someone with the correct TPMS programmer tool can clone the new sensors to your old IDs, and the vehicle interprets them as if they are the original ones. The catch with this is the old sensors need to stay a few hundred feet away from the vehicle or it will get confused by multiple readings from a given ID (the clone and the original)

Black lugs can be sourced.. search around in this section.
TPMS parts they used are

42607-48010 which I believe are Toyota OEM parts.​

Good tip on the distance of existing sensors. I will bring that up with them.

TPMS parts they used are

Sensor distance only matters for clones. OE ones transmit with a different ID that is programmed into the vehicle so the computer can deal with that just fine. Same as a Toyota vehicle sitting on a dealer lot, or near other Toyota in traffic.

You just need the IDs from those new sensors and a method to program them in.

TPMS parts they used are

If they put 4 new Toyota sensors in, then you don’t have to worry about distance. Those sensors will need to be programmed to your truck. They may have just forgot to do it.

I’m sort of surprised you were able to get a dealer to sell/install 4 HE wheels on a non HE truck.

Ok thanks all for the help.

Does the 200 series have the ability to have 2 sets of TPMS sensors programmed to the vehicle? I.e once two sets of sensors are correctly programmed to the vehicle can you switch them out without having to reprogram each time you change the wheels out ?

Does the 200 series have the ability to have 2 sets of TPMS sensors programmed to the vehicle? I.e once two sets of sensors are correctly programmed to the vehicle can you switch them out without having to reprogram each time you change the wheels out ?
No. One set of five ids.

I put the HE wheels on my '08 LX with AT Toyos but kept the original wheels as a dedicated set of winter tires. After buying Bluedriver, Casita, and Technostream I finally broke down and bought a relearning tool for a way to easily scan the TPMS ID's (without having to break the tire bead) and reprogram the ECU with the new ID's every time I rotate. I got the one linked below which was pretty pricey at ~$265 but it's so quick and convenient that for me it'd worth it.

Autel MaxiTPMS TS508​

Amazon product ASIN B088GQ287N

If you make note of the IDs before changing them there is no need to scan the tires or break beads. Especially if it isn’t for seasonal changes, but getting newer/better wheels as OP did.

The only potential complication is if the spare stays in place you’ll need to figure out which one that is.. but it’s not difficult to just lower the pressure on that tire and see which ID corresponds to the change.

Should be no problem. For the vehicle to read the mounted ones it needs to NOT be in close proximity to spare set.

Also my TPMS sensors are not working on the new wheels and tires. Tried hitting the TPMS reset button under the steering wheel but that didn’t fix it either. Not sure what the dealer did wrong. They installed 4 new TPMS sensors so they should be working.View attachment 2878162
Quick question I just bought the heritage bronze wheels for my 2017 LC. Have you had any issues? example finding lug nuts or with the TPMS? Probably going to Discount to see if they can install. Thanks Omar

Quick question I just bought the heritage bronze wheels for my 2017 LC. Have you had any issues? example finding lug nuts or with the TPMS? Probably going to Discount to see if they can install. Thanks Omar
Rockauto and get Denso OEM TPMS sensors. Also Americastire/discounttire will install and program TPMS if you bring them some, about $20 a wheel. Grab the OEM Densos and you are good to go

@ogevalens For more context, the sensors Discount typically sells are chinese units that don't come near the lifespan or quality of the original parts. Denso is usually reboxed Pacific Industries, which is who makes the parts for Toyota. Those will bolt in to the HE wheels just like your factory ones.

Thing is, there are some model year differences with the PI parts and even Denso's indexes of what fits what isn't very accurate. So you'll need to do some research on here to see what works with your year.

The stock lug nuts will work but won't be black like a real HE.

@ogevalens For more context, the sensors Discount typically sells are chinese units that don't come near the lifespan or quality of the original parts. Denso is usually reboxed Pacific Industries, which is who makes the parts for Toyota. Those will bolt in to the HE wheels just like your factory ones.

Thing is, there are some model year differences with the PI parts and even Denso's indexes of what fits what isn't very accurate. So you'll need to do some research on here to see what works with your year.

The stock lug nuts will work but won't be black like a real HE.
Thanks for the info...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom