Helping hand needed in Atlanta, Ga (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi folks
My buddy Spencer (he's a regular here, don't remember his handle though) bought an 80 in Tampa yesterday, drove north and in Atlanta or thereabouts heard a loud howl from the front, and today he's at a dealer there (World Toyota, zip 30341) that's trying to slam him for about 2 grand worth of stuff. If you're around there, and can give him a hand he needs to replace at least a front wheel bearing, maybe o2 sensors (unless that's a bogus diagnostic). He's at 801 3616326, or I can relay for him
Thanks,
Ben Paz
Springville UT
'73 FJ40
'86 and '87 FJ60
'91 FJ80

Calling him now...not sure if I can help but I will see what I can do.

[quote author=DanKunz link=board=2;threadid=5734;start=msg45513#msg45513 date=1064700380]
Calling him now...not sure if I can help but I will see what I can do.
[/quote]
I can be around tomorrow if needed Dan....

Update:

Looks like the truck got shipped and person in need caught a Greyhound to Birmingham to catch a flight back home.

Spoke with him for quite a while, he seems to be okay at this point as I never got a call back :D

Dan,

Sorry I didn't call you back, I've been in airports for awhile. Thanks for your willingness to help out though, but I couldn't see putting you out for what it cost on a greyhound and a taxi...plus that just adds to the adventure. Let me tell you, if you're ever looking for a good time in Atlanta, hang out at the Greyhound for a few hours around midnight...they all come out! :D Anyway I've showered and eaten a great meal, so I'm on the road to recovery. I'm just looking foreward to a bed after 3 nights of truck stops, parking lots, and airports. The end of the story is that the cruiser is in Jonesborough GA at an Auto Shipper and the dealer won't call me back. I've got to check into Florida State Lemon Laws and discuss things with the dealer. I'll let you know if anything is needed, but at this point I think everything is as taken care of as it can be.

Now a little plug for the CAC. I've seen the post before, but haven't felt my mechanic skills would be of much value to anyone. I'm OK with a 60, but I'm humbled everytime I talk to people out here. Now I don't know if Dan is any better or not, but what I do know is that he was willing to drop everything on a Saturday night and drive my smelly butt all the way to Birmingham Alabama to help me out...just because I drive a cruiser. He was a friendly voice and a willing hand in a very unfamiliar place. For that I thank you Dan. And at the very minimum, I can provide that as well. And even if I'm not the best mechanical help, I know a lot of others I can call.

So with that I'm off to sign up for the CAC and encourage y'all (learned that one in Georga) to do the same. The more people, the more benificial it will be.

Pardon my ignorance (which I tried to correct by snooping around, BTW), but what is the CAC which you're showering with kudos??

IdahoDoug

:( I wish you would have put out the feelers before making the drive/purchase. I am only about 30 mins away from just about anywhere in Tampa. I am no master mechanic, but because of this board and my 2yrs of tinkering with my 80, I could have probably ID any major problems or issues. Sorry to here about the problems. Florida does have lemon laws and is usually pretty good about providiing recourse. :mad: If all else fails, the local TV stations have field days with shady car dealers and have put many out of business.

[quote author=IdahoDoug link=board=2;threadid=5734;start=msg45765#msg45765 date=1064821069]
Pardon my ignorance (which I tried to correct by snooping around, BTW), but what is the CAC which you're showering with kudos??

IdahoDoug
[/quote]
Cruiser Assitance Club. Check top right of the page.

[quote author=IdahoDoug link=board=2;threadid=5734;start=msg45765#msg45765 date=1064821069]

IdahoDoug
[/quote]

The Cruiser Assistance Club.

A couple of years ago I mentioned on the big list (it's smaller than POR or IH8Mud, is it still the big list?) that the BMW mototcycle list and the Turbo motorcycle club both had books of people who would be willing to help in an emergency for folks who were travelling. A couple other had said this was a good idea, but it was Woody that stepped up with the time and the space. Click on the CAC logo on the top and sign up. If nothing else it tells you whos in town to get together with even if you don't need assistance. :cheers:

http://www.ih8mud.com/ih8mud-mail.html

LCML is the "big list"....I'm presently unsubbed, but usually lurk there for more tech links....

Good crew, "grandfather" of the BBS's so prevelant now, but personally I like forums more than mail. The list tends to go thru "phases" of good discussions and boring BS posts. (which is why we have "chitchat" lol)

Just glad I could be there to help if you needed it.

I drove a 1976 FJ-55 from ND to Atlanta and got there in one piece...I figure it would only be right to recharge my karma by helping :D

I am a member of the CAC so I suggest everyone sign up nd print it out before you hit the road...life saver for sure.

Clicked on the link and signed up. Now THAT's pretty cool folks...

IdahoDoug

Doug,
Now you can come on down to New Mexico and know that you'll be in good hands if you need someone to help polish off a few pints of Bodington's.
-B-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom