Help with tuning 1HD-T by AFR (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So instead of relying on the internal wastegate, I made up my mind that the kinugawa turbo wasn't going to give me any additional boost that I couldn't use. Basically I kept adding fuel until I was happy with the egt temp. As I was adding fuel as a tradeoff I got more boost like you say. A little advance on the timing but within factory parameters.
how much boost were you able to gain by dialing up the fuel screw?? what was your psi before adding more fuel?

is it possible I could gain 2-5psi keeping egts in the safezone under 1350F

how much boost were you able to gain by dialing up the fuel screw?? what was your psi before adding more fuel?

is it possible I could gain 2-5psi keeping egts in the safezone under 1350F
I started at around 15psi and gradually went for road tests increasing the screw each time whilst checking for black smoke out the pipe. Each time you up the fuel there is more boost to keep the egts down. I think by memory my egt is 600c pre turbo, equating to 1200f post roughly.

I started at around 15psi and gradually went for road tests increasing the screw each time whilst checking for black smoke out the pipe. Each time you up the fuel there is more boost to keep the egts down. I think by memory my egt is 600c pre turbo, equating to 1200f post roughly.
awesome thanks for the info I'm gonna dial up more fuel.

awesome thanks for the info I'm gonna dial up more fuel.
I've noticed on a cold start -15C I'm reading around 45:1 AFR with some white smoke and once it warmed up I'm reading about 65:1 AFR with some haze but it is almost not noticeable.

I've noticed on a cold start -15C I'm reading around 45:1 AFR with some white smoke and once it warmed up I'm reading about 65:1 AFR with some haze but it is almost not noticeable.
Oh okay, where abouts is your afr transmitter located? I don't run an afr gauge

Oh okay, where abouts is your afr transmitter located? I don't run an afr gauge
Mine is within 18” from the turbo down pipe.
I used a clamp on o2 adapter for 3” exhaust pipe

And with my performance electronics bluetooth I had to buy a sensor separate for specific diesel application as the one included will clog up with soot

This is the sensor for diesel. Bosch #17212

AF19E703-38B3-44E2-9845-8F911CEDEA54.jpeg

Have you inspected the sensor since running it? What's the accuracy like and life expectancy. I know that many tuners don't leave them in because of the accuracy discrepancy once they soot up. And once it's tuned in theory you shouldn't need to watch an afr gauge.

Have you inspected the sensor since running it? What's the accuracy like and life expectancy. I know that many tuners don't leave them in because of the accuracy discrepancy once they soot up. And once it's tuned in theory you shouldn't need to watch an afr gauge.

Once tuned, remove it, install a plug, use EGT gauge or alarm for indicator to back off if pushing it too hard

Once tuned, remove it, install a plug, use EGT gauge or alarm for indicator to back off if pushing it too hard
^ Exactly my idea that's why I went bluetooth.

pull the sensor out, put a plug in, and use it on another!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom