Help requested in VA.... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Greetings all! Looking for help finding a shop/individual recommendation within reach of Richmond area (plus or minus reasonable mileage) that someone has used for exhaust work that is familiar with routing the exhaust OVER the frame on a 96-97 like the old style. I'm fairly "new" to the area and figured this would be a good place to start asking.

Unfortunately, I am deployed overseas at the moment and can not be there to explain it to the shop/individual. They would need to be familiar with it. I'll probably just get the magnaflow single cat/Y-pipe and have the rest made. I don't need Gucci exhaust and don't want to spend $1500 which someone just foolishly emailed me a quote for. Ill drive back to Texas whenever I get back and pay $250 just to spite. If anyone has a lead it would be greatly appreciated!!

I had this done out in Warrenton at Murphy's using press bent aluminized steel 14 gauge and I think it was around $650. But I also had to provide the O2 sensor bung which I bought from Slee for ~$40. I also installed the magnaflow Y pipe myself and drove it out sans muffler. :p $1500 would be a good deal for stainless mandrel bent exhaust.

@matzell might have some recommendations for a local shop.

I have a great shop here in Harrisonburg, and if it were in NoVa, I'd tell you to get a hold of Ryan @OTRAMM Good luck and thank you for your service.

yeah, but I bet the extra bling adds at least 3 horsepower!

I know a couple of shops, One that does ok work, the other has a blind welder! It is really hard to find someome who has a concept, I usually just do it myself with J bends and strait pipe. Most shops these days are looking to cut splice and get it out the door. I hate to recomend anyone to do custom work because there is an art to it and most can not see it. I have two shops within eyesight of my shop. Another down the road. Not sure I would take it to any of them.

I agree with matzell. I own a shop near Richmond and do some exhaust work but I'm probably going to farm out my own once I find someone who can do a decent job. I already installed the Magnaflow Y pipe (which is definitely the way to go) and just have it bolted to my old leaky stock exhaust for now. I'll post up if I find someone who can bend up something decent.

Andy Zook and John Merkey, and I believe Crusha, too, have had great success with an exhaust shop in or near New Holland Pa. Price is said to be very reasonable and the workmanship excellent. I've heard nothing but good things about the shop. If anyone is interested in a road trip to get exhaust work done let me know and I'll try to get more information.

Hey guys I greatly appreciate the replies. I'll be sending out a few emails and some pm's to some of you for more info. I was hoping to get this done before I got back but it looks like it may involve a small road trip.....

Roberts Custom Exhaust in Stafford routed mine over the frame a few years ago. The work was good, and he was quick.

You can try The Muffler Shop on Horspen. I know people that have had good work there but I have never used them myself. They do a lot of custom work. I forgot about them before, till I drove past the other day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom